Slimfast

Options
Does anyone drink Slimfast as part of their daily calorie intake? Just Wondering?

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Nope. All it's got going for it is the name. Brilliant marketing.
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have it in the fridge; but will only ever drink it if I don't have the time for something else. I agree with the others above; doesn't quite satisfy you...
  • JazzyJewel1969
    JazzyJewel1969 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank You!! You all made really good points I will take them all and think on them!!
  • JazzyJewel1969
    JazzyJewel1969 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    TY
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    It works for a small handful of people. It doesn't work for me and I must have tried it (foolishly repeating my error) at least 4 times.

There are multiple avenues that you could take to create a calorie deficit. The only thing that really matters is whether or not the one you pick is relatively easy for you to sustain. If you have already purchased the slimfast you could conduct an experiment. If not, I would suggest experimenting with plans that center around solid foods first.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of trying slim fast. I’ve had some success with it so far. I just bought the extra protein lower calorie type of slim fast hoping it will be more satisfying. I eat a pretty healthy diet and am not one to go for quick fixes but was tired of not seeing results and felt like I needed a kickstart to lose a few pounds and get me on the right track. That’s what it’s helped me do. I throw in some strawberries and ice and blend it once a day and eat two healthy meals.
  • tinkabella2019
    tinkabella2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I only have a shake made with Almond milk for breakfast.. it’s usually the meal I miss and end up over eating by lunch. SlimFast keeps me full until lunchtime and then I eat healthy balanced meals throughout the rest of the day. I’ve lost 11lbs in 5 weeks. It’s all about finding what works for you <3
  • evacsz
    evacsz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I have it often for breakfast or even sometimes as an evening treat :) I like it and it's filling enough. Hate the new sucralose-based one they are selling now though.. I stick with the original
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ages ago, I kept the cans of the two non-dairy Slimfast flavors on hand for when I was sick and when I had to get going on a job with a close deadline right away after waking up. It was enough to keep me going, required just opening a can and sticking a straw into it.... And I have trouble digesting many foods under stress, so they were easy on the digestion as well.

I had discovered them in the grocery store while convalescent from the flu and still with near-zero appetite. I think they must have had real sugar in them back then, since I don't particularly like non-nutritive sweeteners other than sugar alcohols like xylitol and erythritol.

Other people must have been using them the same way, because one set of cans had a questionnaire about how you use Slimfast, and one option was just as a protein supplement rather than for weight loss.

They must have discontinued the nondairy ones because eventually I couldn't find them. This was back when it was a difficult challenge to find anything without my allergens dairy or egg, including protein powders. But I was able to finally replace with canned vegan protein drinks (very common now) that serve the same purpose with less dubious ingredients, although nowadays I avoid rush jobs and so am more likely to use them to make popsicles!

I do have a vitamix and vegan protein powders now, but when I'm in a rush or not feeling well - I'm not really up to doing that much work (especially cleanup). Although I have some shaker cups that might be ok for that now.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I have a Slimfast shake in the morning before work, in Latte flavour. It really is just a quick time saver and it does keep me going from 7am till noon. In weekends or when I have more time I'd make porridge or toast.

I don't think I would be able to do (or recommend) their programme of 2 shakes, 3 snacks and one "normal" meal. It's really just for convenience reasons for me.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Not Slimfast, but I do keep a few Premier protein shakes in the frig (I prefer their nutrition facts to those of Slimfast) just to have occasionally if I need something to keep me from starving but I'm in a hurry.
  • coonhoundmom50
    coonhoundmom50 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 years old, been on slimfast years back, always had good results but then went back to my old ways and also I have a job where I sit at least 6 hours a day. Since 2017, when my job role changed and required more desk work, this didn't help in regards to weight. It made it worse. So, at my highest weight 3 weeks ago, I started back on it, but this time, doing Advanced Nutrition shake mix and ready to drink bottles. Also been incorporating keto or low carb. So far lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks, starting weight 190 lbs (9/13), currently 181 lbs (10/10) plus walk 1 mile every day, or if I'm very busy, I rest a day and then resume the next day.
  • awnurmarc
    awnurmarc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Never worked for me. But I wonder if it would work better over a bowl of high-fiber cereal. Even then it would be too low in protein, but it might fix satiety.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't use it for daily weight loss. It's pretty much only for when I'm sick and want to drink and still get vitimins.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I use the primeir protein shakes in my coffee as an afternoon treat- I love and iced coffee this summer-- but I did not use the slim fast shakes- now I used to LOVE the slim fast chips but I can't find them anymore-
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I tried slim fast in the past, and it did not go well. I find that if I use a premier protein shake as a snack, or quick meal on the go it is better. The shakes are obviously way higher in protein, less sugar, less calories, and more nutrients.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Premier protein shakes! Yummy, and filling. The also make a great creamer substitution in my coffee.