calorie intake = anxiety!

Options
i feel so anxious, so stressed, so overwhelmed, so 'i hate my body, my self, everything about me' if my calorie intake isn't negative. this is the reason weekend suck for me so bad. i feel like i have a problem. i struggled with anorexia and bulimia in the past, and i'm scared i'm about to battle it all again. i'm getting that feeling again, the feeling i felt so many times before and ended up hating myself even more. i haven't purged since before i got pregnant, which was a year ago. i've been doing so good, but i'm afraid i'm about to lose all control. is this bad?

Replies

• LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I had to stop logging my intake because it was too triggering for me. Maybe you should stop logging your intake for a while if you're afraid of slipping back into anorexia and bulimia.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    It is not a good thing that you are feeling that way! Time to get some help, quick! You know you need it and you don't want to slip into old habits! Please, if you have some sort of support group, or you can call your doctor or go to a clinic, or some help thru a community organization, DO IT, DO IT NOW!!

((((((HUGS))))))
  • philsy1
    philsy1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    No doctor here, but for me, no weight problems would warrant the conditions you mentioned. Weight management is a way of taking control, not losing it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Therapy is a great tool. Don't be afraid to seek real, professional help.
  • jeepwidow01
    Options
    If you feel as if you are losing control in that fashion, definitely seek some professional help. You have done well over the past year and you know you don't want to go back there. Think about your child to and the example you want to set for him/her. You know the struggles you have had & you definitely don't want your child to go through it. I know.....he/she is just a baby right now, but now is the time to work on you before it will make an impact on your precious little one. Hugs to you & I'm praying for you.:flowerforyou:
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    As others have said, please find some support so you can learn to talk yourself out of this cycle of thinking. Clearly you recognize the signs. Do this not just for you, but for your baby and fiance. Don't forget that MFP sets you up with a deficit for weight loss, so you don't have to strive for a negative caloric intake. We all get wrapped up in the numbers sometimes, but we're all here to be fit and healthy.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way and maybe it will help (it's what helped me quit freaking out like this):

When you are anxious/stressed, your body produces cortisol which triggers your body to store fat. So if you are stressed all the time, it doesn't matter how well you eat, your body will still hold on to fat for dear life. Take a deep breath, eat something healthy and filling and try not to stress. Also, get plenty of sleep.

And if you ever need someone to talk to, just let one of us know! If you treat your body well, it will treat you well back :)
  • justanotherteenagemom
    Options
    thanks everyone for your support. i'm trying to hard. we'll see how this week goes.
  • kjdb1619
    Options
    For me, working on weight loss is multifaceted. I cannot look at this journey from just the perspective of calories and exercise. I needed to answer the question of why I am overweight in the first place and the answer was more emotional than will power. I needed to address my emotional needs through therapy, friends and family. I had to open up, give up control and rely on others. This process for me took about a year before I felt ready to have an effective weight loss journey. All the other times that I tried to lose weight without addressing my emotional needs, I would end up gaining more weight in the end. Take some time to think deeply about what could be causing your anxiety and eating issues. Reach out for help to your support network. Many therapists take insurance or will bill you on a sliding scale. I sought one that had expertise in eating issues. My main catalyst to start working on me was the birth of my daughter. When I get discouraged, I think about being a good example for her and what I want her life to be and that propels me forward. Good luck.