10 years Lap Band severe problems

Options
Hi,
I haven't been around a while. I had the band 10 years ago and am now experiencing severe issues from an esophagus issue, a hernia above the band, and a slippage. I just found out I have to have the band removed and will have to have a revision to bypass. I have gained 10 pounds in a few weeks just from the fluid removal from my band. I'm starting to restrict my diet severely at this point because I am so afraid of gaining everything I lost.
No one told us 10 years ago the band would have to be removed one day, now people are not doing the band at all & the one I have isn't even made anymore. I would have just had the bypass had I known that not have a revision. I feel frustrated because it wasn't my fault the band was too tight. I just had my gallbladder removed in July and I am not looking forward to this at all.

Replies

• ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. Not your fault, but sounds like you are trying to adjust. Best of luck.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    MelissaWI wrote: »
    Hi,
    I haven't been around a while. I had the band 10 years ago and am now experiencing severe issues from an esophagus issue, a hernia above the band, and a slippage. I just found out I have to have the band removed and will have to have a revision to bypass. I have gained 10 pounds in a few weeks just from the fluid removal from my band. I'm starting to restrict my diet severely at this point because I am so afraid of gaining everything I lost.

No one told us 10 years ago the band would have to be removed one day, now people are not doing the band at all & the one I have isn't even made anymore. I would have just had the bypass had I known that not have a revision. I feel frustrated because it wasn't my fault the band was too tight. I just had my gallbladder removed in July and I am not looking forward to this at all.

Sorry to hear what you are going through :(

When you're healing, water retention is likely. Instead of undereating, I recommend you eat at maintenance to promote healing.

I'm a daily weigher myself, and don't think I've ever said this - but maybe step away from the scale for a while. Discuss your fears with your medical team and ask them about the timing for starting to weigh yourself again.