I'm New to this Site and I Need Some MOTIVATION!

Options
Hi,
I have 15 pounds to lose. And for some reason my stomach seems to overpower my brain on every occasion. I need help!

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. We have all been where you are. I find it helpful to go into the Success Stories section and look at all of the before and after pictures.
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    All the best on your journey!
  • rl3311
    rl3311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I first started Myfittness, I was having the same problem . I have been on here for 55 or so days.. I love it so much. Try and find foods that are low in calories. I love dole fruit bars. They are 25 calories , so when I get a food carving , I will eat something like that. So trying to find snacks, that are low carbs has been a plus for me. My goal was to lose 15 pounds also and I have lost 13 so far... Don't give up !!! I was about to quit after 30 days and so glad that I didn't . Because now I am starting to see a big difference in my body.
  • Galiano
    Options
    Greetings jfein25,

I understand your comment. I know this is probably easier for me to type than for you to put into action, but, stock up on healthy, low fat, low cal snacks. When you're hungry don't tell yourself "Oh, I can't eat or I'll gain weight", eat something light and really enjoy it! When I first started back in May I knew that bed time (over snacking) was a real bear for me to overcome, so I didn't try to. Instead, I found a cookie that had 2 gms of fat/3 cookies. Every night before getting ready for bed, I'd have my 3 cookies and feel quite happy with myself. Sometimes it's about tricking your brain into believing it's winning *laugh*.

Recently I read that artificial sweeteners in diet drinks trigger something in us that makes us crave more sugar. Doesn't that suck!?

If you're working out while eating less, don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat. Don't just look at your scale, look at how your clothes fit. Look at your belts. One of my biggest motivators is seeing the marks on one side of my belt as I take it in another hole, and the decreasing number of holes on the other. Just yesterday I notice that the belt on my work pants is on it's last hole and it's not TIGHT!

Please keep in mind that this is what works for me. I also weigh myself at the same point in my morning routine every day. I get up, go to the bathroom, get naked and step on the scale. You might think I'm nuts and that's okay. I'm 30 lbs less nuts than I was back in May *laugh*. We all have to do what works for us.

Good luck, hope I was some help. :-)

Susan
  • missjessica83
    Options
    Oh yes sounds very familiar! I can get motivated...its staying that way i have trouble with!

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” Zig Ziglar

Hopefully if we keep providing daily motivation for each other we can get there :)

x
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have 15 pounds to lose. And for some reason my stomach seems to overpower my brain on every occasion. I need help!

HOW is that possible...meaning your Topic. NO person on the Internet can Motivate another to lose weight or become fit or become healthy or to change their Lifestyle... Believe it or not, you being here says that you are motivated. People make me sick asking Others to DO for Them what ONLY they can DO for themselves. People on here or in Life may Support you in Doing "Good" and that will help to INCREASE your already self motivation, but one of the most UNPRODUCTIVE and Draining things is to TRY and "Motivate" someone with no internal Drive...it's impossible.

Frankly, I look at getting Healthy as a Duty/a Responsibility, something I OWE Myself, My Family and Friends. I don't have to be Pushed or UP or Down to carry out My Duty. It's there and I have to do it, just like a job, and sometimes I really like my job and sometimes it pisses Me off, BUT all the time I like the Payoff and Benefits! Maybe if people looked at getting healthy and losing weight that way, they would not think they had to be "UP" all the time to get healthy or lose weight or STAY Healthy.

If YOU want to lose 15 lbs...get to it and maybe others will try and "Support" your efforts.
  • lulukan
    lulukan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck and please feel free to add me as a friend and we can support one another! :)

11156414.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Proudofme05
    Options
    Hi..

Im Deanna, Im a college student that is suppose to graduate in May 2012. I want to lose about 50 lbs by then. Need some motivation :)
  • amny
    amny Posts: 30
    Options
    Good luck! I have almost the same amount of weight to lose!
    Feel free to add me :)