TRT Q/A-results/research

Options
I’m currently on TRT, specifically test cyp 200mg. Couldn’t find an active forum on it and figured I’d start one. What type of results have you guys been seeing, mine has be a game changer since I started a few months back

Replies

• OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for over 3 years. I'm 53 years old and my T-count stays over 1000. Like you say, it's been a game changer for me as well.
  • KirkJamesP
    KirkJamesP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m 35, but my test levels were under 300 and my estrogen was high. Not sure what all caused it, but I’m really glad I figured it out. My last blood work came back excellent test was around 1200 and all my other markers were in order. Nice to here it’s still working good after a few years, I never want to go back to feeling like I did.
  • OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd still look like this at my age if I didn't get a little help.....0f05x0ku5igj.jpg
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    There’s an iron culture podcast on this topic. 13 September 2021.
  • davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Where does TRT fall on the performance enhancing drugs scale? I guess you couldn’t consider yourself “natty” if you’re on it but I can understand why you’d want to correct it if your levels are low. It’s not something I could imagine doing myself but I’ve never had T levels checked
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    davew0000 wrote: »
    Where does TRT fall on the performance enhancing drugs scale? I guess you couldn’t consider yourself “natty” if you’re on it but I can understand why you’d want to correct it if your levels are low. It’s not something I could imagine doing myself but I’ve never had T levels checked

WNBF prohibits it. I don't know about other federations but even if it's prescribed, anything on their banned substances has a "no exceptions" policy.
  • KirkJamesP
    KirkJamesP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can keep the natty cards lol, I’m competing with anyone but the old me anyway. There’s probably no need if you’re in your 20s I would definitely look into getting checked after 30. My only regret so far was not getting my blood tests earlier in life. Would have saved at least five years of my life where I could have been at optimal levels.
  • michaelsmithpa
    michaelsmithpa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I appreciate this topic. I am considering TRT myself. Will turn 67 in October and train every day. Gonna schedule a physical with my doc to discuss it further
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Where does TRT fall on the performance enhancing drugs scale? I guess you couldn’t consider yourself “natty” if you’re on it but I can understand why you’d want to correct it if your levels are low. It’s notth something I could imagine doing myself but I’ve never had T levels checked
    You really can't consider yourself a natty if you're on TRT. I KNOW for a fact if I was on TRT, I'd likely be more massive than I am now. But I chose the route long ago not to. Main reason was I didn't want to be dependent on it and the side effects for many when one gets off aren't something I don't want to worry about if I did. Main thing I noticed when guys get off any gear is the depression they get when they lose muscle because they got off. Many times that leads them to stop working out altogether and getting really out of shape.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    KirkJamesP wrote: »
    You can keep the natty cards lol, I’m competing with anyone but the old me anyway. There’s probably no need if you’re in your 20s I would definitely look into getting checked after 30. My only regret so far was not getting my blood tests earlier in life. Would have saved at least five years of my life where I could have been at optimal levels.
    I'll disagree here. At almost 58, I'm in much better shape than some guys in my gym that are on TRT in their 30's. Steroids help, but when it comes down to it, it's the work you actually put into it, the rest you get, and how you eat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

You can be on TRT and still fall within the normal range of testosterone levels. As long as you're in the normal range what's the problem?
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Since when was trt 200mg

Clinical doses start at .5mg per kg up to 1mg per kg
    200mg would be considered sports trt
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Since when was trt 200mg

Clinical doses start at .5mg per kg up to 1mg per kg
    200mg would be considered sports trt

A typical “single use” vial of Testosterone Cypionate is 200 mg/mL. A lot of doctors just inject the entire 200mg dose once every two weeks… leading to the Hulk to Princess cycle - which is a horrible rollercoaster. Really, once a week or even twice a week is much more ideal.

Getting everything dialed in takes time though as everybody has a different sensitivity. For example, I test at about 800 in my trough on 80mg a week. If I up that dose I get really bad acne on my back and chest without any appreciable benefits and would start to need an AI.

Anyhow, TRT isn’t at dosages that are going to turn dudes into yoked monsters and once you are on it for a while… well you aren’t getting off it and good luck having any kids if that was a plan. Also fat dudes always have low T and should get to a healthy weight and reevaluate then. Any doctor prescribing TRT for an obese patient is doing them a disservice… IMO