Support Partners Wanted!!

Options
lowcarbmami
lowcarbmami Posts: 24 Member
edited October 2021 in Motivation and Support
The holidays are around the corner and with that, it usually means overindulgence! My goal is to lose 30 pounds—Lost 10 so far. Need accountability partners to communicate with to talk diet, exercise, and other tactics so that we can help each other keep on top of our goals and not derail for the holidays. So by the time we each Jan 1, our “I need to lose 15 pounds” resolution will have already been achieved. 🙂

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,130 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me .. I just re-started keto on 10/1 ... I have a lot more to lose than you ... Wishing you the very best :)
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I’ve lost 30lbs and have around 10 more to go. We have 3 birthdays plus Halloween to contend with (in uk so no thanksgiving) in the run up to Christmas and I’m determined to focus on fun, not food
  • whitfcan
    whitfcan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The holidays are around the corner and with that, it usually means overindulgence! My goal is to lose 30 pounds—Lost 10 so far. Need accountability partners to communicate with to talk diet, exercise, and other tactics so that we can help each other keep on top of our goals and not derail for the holidays. So by the time we each Jan 1, our “I need to lose 15 pounds” resolution will have already been achieved. 🙂

I'm in! Please add me as a friend 😊
  • SafetyPolice
    SafetyPolice Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I need the same help.
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @SafetyPolice @whitfcan @gorple76 @Megan_smartiepants1970 Hey, I’ve been trying to add you guys but MFP says that they disabled the friends request temporarily. Are you coming across the same issue??
  • chappellf
    chappellf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh I need to join in.
    I need to delete about 55lbs total. We have Halloween (I have a 3yo so we get a lot of candy), Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and 6 birthdays (between mid November and end of january) AND one week of vacation--either a staycation or Disney.

Dessert is my weakness.
  • Allaesa72
    Allaesa72 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Wow. Yes. I get the same rejection. Friend requests disabled.🤷‍♀️
  • SafetyPolice
    SafetyPolice Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just tried and got the same message. Kinda sucks, I don't have any "friends" on this lol.
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @Allaesa72 its been like that for days 😣
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @chappellf ill add you once MFP allows it again. They disabled the friends add ☹️
  • tarunnurat
    tarunnurat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd be in too! It's gonna be Diwali time for me too, and I'm gonna end up with a *kitten* load of sweets in my house at some point. Would like to have someone to talk to when that happens.
  • chappellf
    chappellf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It (friending) seems to be working now!
    We, of course, went to the local high school homecoming parade (apparently that's a whole community deal not a just-the-school deal, who knew?) And came home with a ziploc of candy that Mr3 collected. 🤷‍♀️
  • uptoyoufitness
    uptoyoufitness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me for an accountability and support exchange.
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I need MFP friends who are in it for the long haul - I have no weight loss deadlines - I want to lose what I've put back on (again) and THIS TIME have a sane way to maintain the weight loss. Like many people, I can diet well but I struggle with maintenance. It's a slippery slope! My goal is to take off the recent weight gain and connect with like-minded MFP friends to take the journey together. What are your suggestions about how we can help each other keep on the path to weight loss success?
  • Kev1nL
    Kev1nL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I am restarting my weightloss journey and looking for like minded people to add as friends to help to keep each other on track! I have had my ups and downs before and I know how much a friend can help to keep you focused. Please add me if you would like!
  • rpkg62
    rpkg62 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I’m totally in 🙋🏻‍♀️❤️
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @lantana411 Hey! I know we’re already connected, which I’m happy about. 🙂 One way to help yourself stay committed is to define some goals for yourself. Then put it in writing! Share your goals with others. A party is always fun when others are celebrating with you! 😉
  • DisciplineTrumpsMotivation
    Options
    signing up :smile:
  • snickers152
    snickers152 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes please. Feel free to add me.
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I want to get to a size 10 from a 16.