Jeans don't fit

Options
It is shallow, but the main reason I am starting this fitness plan it so that I can fit into my jeans. I mean, I do want to be more healthy as well.

For example, last weekend I helped my daughter move into her new house. I worked really hard. I was exhausted for most of this week from the work. This means I am out of shape and I need to pull it together. I am going to be 47 at the end of this month. My first goal that I want to reach is to lose 3 pounds by then.

I work at a college and I have one son left at home who is 13. If you want to join me for support. feel free to add me as a friend. I got SO excited to see that I can have an app on my phone so that I can take my fitness pal any place I go. :)

Replies

• misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend!!! :)
  • DizzieLizzie779
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • freshstart4me
    Options
    that is amazingly REAL goal!!! im so excited for you cause that is attainable...get to that goal my new friend and we'll figure out another one just as awesome!!
  • louise_608
    louise_608 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My jean's not fitting was one of the main reasons that I started this fitness plan! I'll be your friend :-)
  • sblanpied
    Options
    Good luck!! I am going to friend you because I know how important it is to have support along the way!!
  • samatalma
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome! feel free to add me :)
  • Soulierl
    Soulierl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Hey... ANY reason is a good reason to start making yourself look and feel better!!!

I started at 218 pounds last year and I am down about 65 pounds! (Since my husband returned from his military deployment, I seem to keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds!)

I wanted to get out of my size 20W clothes and eventually stop taking cholesterol medication -- I am now in a size 10 (155 pounds) and I no longer have to take cholesterol meds....

I went from a size 44" waist to a size 30"!!!! I count calories - simple as that.... everyone in the world wants to know the big secret to weight loss --- I have it --- CALORIE INTAKE REDUCTION!!

Good luck to you!! :happy:
  • lulukan
    lulukan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks!!
  • lulukan
    Options
    Wow @soulier1 Congrats!! That is amazing! I am so motivated now. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • FLGatorGrl
    Options
    I agree calorie counting works. You name the diet I have tried it. Once before lost 50 pounds and counted calories and exercised. Wonder why I thought other diets would work miracles:) So when I found this web site I am so excited. Need the support to get back on track.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me, I'm 47 with a 13 year old eating machine at my housetoo!
  • trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp!! feel free to add me:smile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want.
    How jeans fit is a great sign of how things are going.
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    friend request coming your way lol
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and my jeans are a little tight too. Feel free to add me. You will get there.
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You'll get it done. Hang in there. Depend on your support group here online and be a shining example for them.

You'll lose three pounds in one month with this plan.

Have confidence and have fun.
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OH.... and for a word of encouragement......(and bragging on my part)

In January, the jeans I'm wearing now didn't even come close to fitting. Now they're actually a bit loose.

You're going to be saying the same thing about your jeans in a few months!!!!! :drinker:
  • lulukan
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! :)