Slight weight gain after major weightloss

Options
Hey yall! Was a yoyo dieter for roughly 15years. That all changed I 2019 when I decided to lose the weight and keep it off for good. Ended up losing over 70lbs in a little over a year. I've gained about 20lbs back this year and I feel like such a failure. Hoping to get some encouragement from you guys. And I hope to maybe do the same for you. 5muy12bogocb.jpg

Replies

• Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    First off, in the most noncreepy way possible, you look amazing. That is awesome progress.

In the same boat here. I yoyo between 165-190 and find myself back on MFP every 2 or 3 years. Its not so visible, but man do I feel the difference in my lower back.

Starting my diet again this week. Workout plan begins next week.
  • meltheshell
    meltheshell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Butt_Snorkeler Thank you! And I hope you stay consistent 🙏
  • ravi_tiwari_786
    ravi_tiwari_786 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Keep going guys. You both doing good!
  • Nicole_Darling00
    Nicole_Darling00 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A lot of us have been there, and if not, I know I have!! We did it once and we have it in us to do it again. You look great girlie!!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Been there, doing that. I slacked off and gained slowly for a few years, then last year really went to crap for a while. Paying that price now trying to get my cardio base back and dropping some weight.

On the up side, anyone who has lost a decent bit of weight in the past at least knows how to make things happen and hopefully not be miserable doing it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,464 Member
    Options
    It’s been such a hard time for everyone. Even if your life hasn’t been turned upside down by the pandemic, everyone’s around you has, and that affects you. Be kind to yourself about the past crazy time. Get serious about the future! If you took it off and kept it off for a couple of years, you can lose this 20 easy. Get working, Girl!
  • meltheshell
    meltheshell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right @corinasue1143
  • Vegito21
    Vegito21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone! You’re not alone! I’ll go from 180 to 230 all the time. My advice that I could give you is don’t go to low on your calories and ENJOY the process!