Hey Everyone

Options
Hey guys my name is Lena. I really really need to lose some weight before it gets out of control again. My fitness journey began in 2010, starting weight was 181lbs after 2 kids. I don’t know how long it took me but I did manage to get my weight down to 135lbs which was about the same weight I was in high school. Felt great, I have put almost all the weight back on and now sit at 163. I go to the gym regularly and lift weights more then doing any cardio so I know some of my weight gain is muscle gain and I won’t lose all the weight I’ve put back on but I do want to get back down to a reasonable weight and 150 is my goal. I almost got there about 4-5 months ago and got down to 155 but that didn’t last long. Anyway I really really really want to do it this time and meet my goal so I can feel amazing next summer when I get married and take vacation. I have been building my own personal gym in my garage and recently purchased a stationary exercise bike, which I plan to use everyday for at least 20 minutes. I need someone who is willing to help keep me accountable and I will help you do the same for yourself.

Replies

• geoffstirling79
    geoffstirling79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have heard it said that to lose weight and keep the weight off, the best option is to only lose 1 lbs per week. I am going for 2 lbs per week for the next 90 days
  • lnagrsia
    lnagrsia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have heard it said that to lose weight and keep the weight off, the best option is to only lose 1 lbs per week. I am going for 2 lbs per week for the next 90 days

Same, I’ve set my goal at 2 lbs per week, which if I can manage to do that, I’ll meet my goal in 5 weeks. I have already lost 3 lbs in the last 2 days. If I can lose weight that last, it’s gotta be water weight right?
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    lnagrsia wrote: »
    Same, I’ve set my goal at 2 lbs per week, which if I can manage to do that, I’ll meet my goal in 5 weeks. I have already lost 3 lbs in the last 2 days. If I can lose weight that last, it’s gotta be water weight right?

Since you don't have a lot to lose and want to do it in a healthy way, it's better to set your goal to 1lb or .5lbs per week. Also, wanting to lose it in 5 weeks is not reasonable.