Alli

Options
Has anyone try this yet i have a friend that did but she didnt tell me much.

Replies

• happy_bunny1990
    Options
    Has anyone try this yet i have a friend that did but she didnt tell me much.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    i heard it makes you poo and have accidents
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What is it?
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

heard that too. :noway:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Stephen Colbert made a big deal out of this when it first came out. The brochure actually reccomended you wear dark pants and bring a spare with you until you got used to the effects.
  • hmo4
    Options

Stephen Colbert made a big deal out of this when it first came out. The brochure actually reccomended you wear dark pants and bring a spare with you until you got used to the effects.

What is it?
  • MrsNattles
    Options
    It's a weight loss pill program! And I definitely heard that it causes "leakage"... as in poo.

Nothing works better than a healthy diet and exercise. I know - sucks that there isn't a miracle shortcut we can all take. But trust me, I've tried many with no results.

I would not waste any time or money (or underpants!) on this product if I were you.
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have also heard that it can make you break out with acne-no thank you!!
  • hmo4
    Options
    It's a weight loss pill program! And I definitely heard that it causes "leakage"... as in poo.

Nothing works better than a healthy diet and exercise. I know - sucks that there isn't a miracle shortcut we can all take. But trust me, I've tried many with no results.

I would not waste any time or money (or underpants!) on this product if I were you.

Thank you for telling me! So you shart yourself skinny and ugly so noone looks at you? I don't get it!:tongue:
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options

What is it?

Ever heard of Xenical? It's a prescription product, generic/chemical name orlistat. You take it with meals & it works by binding to dietary fat which interfers with absorption into the small intestine. The bound up fat is excreted in the stool. If you eat too much fat, you get very fatty stools and even some liquid fat stool or "leakage." The more fat you eat, the worse the leakage. Eat very little fat & get zero leakage. Alli is the same active ingredient, orlistat, but at a lower strength than the prescription product. There is less chance of leakage from using Alli. Studies show it can decrease calorie intake from fat by up to 15%. It is the only "diet pill" that actually works. I take usually it with my dinner, which tends to be my highest fat meal of the day. I have never experienced leakage from Alli, but I my meal is a modest amount of fat. Try eating a double whopper w/ fries + Alli and you will end up on the toilet, possibly needing new underwear. The obvious answer - don't take it if you are going to pork out on fat! Orlistat is not absorbed by the body and passes thru into the stool unchanged, so I'm not sure how it could cause acne.
  • RAS_ARMYwife
    Options
    LoL it doesnt make you leak poo. I was on it for about 3 months while hubby was deployed. I did REALLY good and it kept me in check but when he came home I stopped takin it and gained all my weight back. But I DOUBT that had to do with me stopping taking it. I started eating like a cow and quit goin to the gym. Soo... even if I wasnt on Alli previously I would have gained all my weight back. Anyways what Alli does it half the fat you eat it doesnt let your body process which means you poo it out. BUT it doesnt really cause "leakage" or anything unless you eat a TON of fat and still take the pill. And I ate taco bell and I still didnt leak. But when I went to the bathroom and wiped (sorry if this is TMI) it is like wiping grease off a pizza but ONLY if you go way over your fat for the meal. That was NOT a normal thing for me. You can also go to www.myalliplan.com and itll tell you more about it. I LOVED it and am prolly gonna start taking it again after we get back from leave.