Help Pls!!

Options
Well i kinda have a small problem... i have been on the Carb diet since nov.27th and have recently changed to this website to help me with counting the calories(no longer on the carb diet). I think I am doing pretty good. As of Nov.27 i have lost around 20lbs. Shouldnt i have lost more in that 3 months?? As of this week i have been trying to excersice alot and my calorie intake is supposed to be 1600 and i eat close to that!! So pls tell me what u think.( oh yeah i can not tell that i have lost 20 lbs my clothes feel the same)

Replies

• tar2009
    Options
    Well i kinda have a small problem... i have been on the Carb diet since nov.27th and have recently changed to this website to help me with counting the calories(no longer on the carb diet). I think I am doing pretty good. As of Nov.27 i have lost around 20lbs. Shouldnt i have lost more in that 3 months?? As of this week i have been trying to excersice alot and my calorie intake is supposed to be 1600 and i eat close to that!! So pls tell me what u think.( oh yeah i can not tell that i have lost 20 lbs my clothes feel the same)
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You can do it don't worry! 20 lbs is great!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Don't lose heart, 20 lbs is a lot to lose in 3 months. If you add some exercise in it will make all the difference in the world. All you really need is like 30 minutes 3 to 5 times a week and it will help. Also, 1 to 2 pounds is all you should really set your mind on losing a week. I know it seems like a small number, but its still losing weight. If you lose more than that each week its fine as long as you do it healthy. If you want any help or support, let me know. I'll be happy to help. I just started using this website too.

I hope all goes well.
  • madkat67
    Options
    I read somewhere that after your body adjusts to your new caloric intake that your metabolism seems to plateau. The recommendation I read was to readjust your caloric intake so that it's about 100 calories less, but only do this after about 4 weeks of no weight loss.
    Good luck!
  • madkat67
    Options
    While watching "The Biggest Loser" I notice that most contestants experience a similar problem with weight loss. (I love that show!)