Help needed from large chested runners...

Options
I have a problem, I'm cheap and live in the middle of nowhere... I have lost enough back to not be able to wear my sports bra anymore and none of the stores around here carry anything that will work... Like at all. I won't be able to get to a city anytime soon either. Anyone have any suggestions?
I pull more peck then cramps in my legs while running and that's just not okay.

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    in a pinch I'll wear 2 bra's.....sounds silly but it helps cut down on all the....jiggling
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    The internet is your friend. I feel your pain, I'm a 32F.

I really like the Freya sports bra. My work computer won't let me go there (must think it's a naughty site) so I'm not positive they have then there. But bareneccessities.com is a good site with free shipping over $50 (which is easy to do when buying quality bigger bras).

NOt a cheap option, sorry - but I have yet to find a cheap option that works.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Regular bra, duct tape, sports bra. In that order.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I wear a specialized bra from "Jeunique". It's made mostly for larger chested women. It makes the girls look a little conical, but when I'm running I don't really give a damn. I don't know if they're being manufactured anymore tho :(
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Purchase off the internet... better pricing and you can get something perfect delivered.
  • NurdyNurse
    NurdyNurse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just bought another one of these... the first one is now too big, which makes me HAPPY!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B1KUDY

~patty
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yep - double up!

Until you can get upgrades - or downsized or replacements - well new bras at any rate. :embarassed:
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Though running has pretty much resolved my "heavy chestedness," when I first started, I needed a LOT of support. I agree with the person who said two bras. That does help when you don't have one good one. :-)
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I order all my bras online because regular stores don't carry my size. And when I find a bra I love, I start searching ebay for them to get them cheaper. breakoutbras.com and figleaves.com are the sites I order from most, especially when they have a good sale. :)
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I only where a sports bra with an underwire. It keeps everything where it should be and lends more support. On that note my sister who was an GG until her breast reduction, always wore two sports bras. Bali has great sales check them online.
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I found 3 sites that have my size (I think), and will be doubling up with duct tape until they come in! It is going to cost atleast 40 though for something I am hoping to shrink out of in short order. Boo!
  • FitMissVicky
    FitMissVicky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Second the Freya Sports Bra. I am a 36F and it does really well for me. Don't be cheap when it comes to a good bra. It is totally worth the expense and the good ones last way longer
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 sports bras...it sounds weird but works well, esp if they are diff kinds...get kind of a cross action. I'm a DD.

I did just purchase a bra from Scheels. It was $$ but I love it because it's like 2 bras in one. There is a "tank" shape bra with another bra lining inside. It's for bigger chests. I really like it because my HRM doesn't touch the girls. I was having a problem with chafing (running my them rub against the transmitter...and would literally cut me). This bra eliminates this. I don't recall the name but if you're interested message me and I will look when I get home.
  • mountiewife
    Options
    I agree with the other ladies about doubling up..I was a DD when I started jogging, and it used to hurt so bad! I had to get my hubby to tie a scarf around my boobs and that really worked...however I wasn't running outdoors just on my treadmill where nobody could see me:) I'm now wearing a C cup and I just wear a sports bra from walmart...it doesn't hurt anymore!!!
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have a sports bra i wear thats loose now, but i wear it as well as a shirt with a shelf bra in it for exercising in, and athletic top. The top is a smaller size then i would wear other clothing, but it keeps th 32F chest in place without pain!
  • mistylnc
    Options
    Yeah, I started out a 38G which was hard enough to find ANY bras in, now it looks like I am about a 32G. Guessing there isn't much hope for that B cup I have always wanted...
    Also I run at my house so looks mean nothing, but someone just suggested Shock Absorbers Run Bra. The sizes are there. And they look like a sports bra. FAB!!! they are $70, which made me want to cry, but I am now losing about a pound a week so hopefully I will be in the size long enough to get some miles out of it.
  • FitMissVicky
    FitMissVicky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have had shock absorbers and I have loved them. If it works, you'll run more, and wear it more, and it will be totally worth it
  • jensway
    Options
    Remember what we used to do with our shirts when we were little? Pull the back of your sports bra in a bunch as tight as you can and use a ponytail holder to keep it tight, then tuck it under, kind of red neckie I guess, but it will work for short term sista.
  • mistylnc
    Options
    Jenny-If it weren't for my allergy to latex I would have duct taped them up this am. It hurt so bad... I am thinking about heading your way to see if I can find an ace bandage I can wrap them up in until the bra arrives.
  • jensway
    Options
    I do have an ace bandage you can use, or bring your sewing stuff and I can just alter the sports bra you have.