Help me Grocery Shop :)

Options
I usually buy the basics, meat, fish, veggies, fruits,etc... My problem is snacks, what are your healthy snacks? I am going grocery shopping this afternoon and need some ideas or I will just be looking at stuff and throwing it back on the shelf to come home with nothing. :) lol

Also what are your favorite healthy meals? I like meal plans.

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Why can't your fruits and veggies also be your snacks?
  • ooffield
    Options
    i like to snack! so when i decided to diet i knew i neded something for that! The quakers mini delight - choc drizzle...really good!!
  • Tiki1978
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with fruit, or make it savory with cherry tomatoes and lil pepper. The protein fills me up and wards off hunger. peanut butter and apples are good. Good luck!
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    FiberOne & Special K bars for snacks, only 90 calories

Almonds are good for snacks too!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    nuts and popping corn. actual kernels in a bag/jar that you make in an air popper...now that I think of it I might have some tonight...
  • Manders1305
    Options
    Why can't your fruits and veggies also be your snacks?

I always munch on them, but it is nice to have something else too, a change but a healthy change.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My snacks usually are raw nuts (almonds, cashew, walnuts) and a piece of fruit. Nonfat plain Greek yogurt with a litte agave. Of late, I have been having peanut butter & jam sandwich on whole wheat bread.

I just try to have most of the food be unprocessed.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My snacks are as follows:

Sabra Garlic Hummus & Pretzel Crisps
    Raw Almonds
    Edamame
    Sugar Free Jello
    100 cal popcorn

I think they are all really yummy & low cal :)
  • Manders1305
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with fruit, or make it savory with cherry tomatoes and lil pepper. The protein fills me up and wards off hunger. peanut butter and apples are good. Good luck!

oooo yummy, cottage cheese and peaches are good.
  • Manders1305
    Options
    My snacks are as follows:

Sabra Garlic Hummus & Pretzel Crisps
    Raw Almonds
    Edamame
    Sugar Free Jello
    100 cal popcorn

I think they are all really yummy & low cal :)

Love Humus!!!
  • Manders1305
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!!
  • cacraft
    Options
    I like plain yogurt with blueberries. I'll often sprinkle a seed mixture on them to add fibre.

Or a Rye Crisp with peanut butter.
  • CynPierce15
    CynPierce15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Raw Almonds- when you get home divide them in small ziploc bags so they are ready to go and you control your portions

Eggs- Boil a dozen and put 3 in each ziploc (i only eat the whites with a little bit of salt). OR make quick egg salad with 3 whites and 1 yolk and 2 tablespoon of light miracle whip, season and put in whole wheat toasted sandwich flats.

Greek Yogurt- my new favorite thing. I get the plain kind and add my own fruit. it has sooo much protein.

100 cal popcorn bags- fun, easy, quick

Jerky- protein and it take work to eat so it keeps my busy for a bit

cheese and crackers- I like laughing cow or any light cheese wtih Triscuits for lots of filling fiber
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    For snacks I love the single serve packs of Hummus...Hannah brand (I find it at Costco) only has 60 cals each and I dip with carrot sticks. Vita tops are great for a sweet snack for 100 cals. or peanut butter on pretty much anything (celery, apple, on a spoon lol)!

As far as meals go, A go-to breakfast for me is a dannon light yogurt with 1/2 fiber one mixed in and sometimes 1/2 a sliced banana. For lunches and dinners i'll often buy a bag of frozen stir fry veggies and cook it up (I'm a veggie, so I use meat substitutes or tofu, but you could do the same with chicken breast--really easy if you already have it cooked and sliced in the fridge). I will also buy a Fresh Express salad kit and have that for a meal.

Good luck--you'll start to find things that you really enjoy and create your own easy 'go-tos' and quick tricks to have everything ready and easy for meal prepping and planning.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Kiwis, roasted seaweed sheets, string cheese (50 cal each), almonds (not too many or I eat them all). Sometimes I make myself a half an open-faced sandwich. I also like AK-MAK crackers--whole wheat and fairly low-cal. Another good snack is sliced cucumber with lump crab meat (expensive or I'd do it all the time ha ha ha!). A really decadent treat is Greek yogurt mixed with Hershey's cocoa powder. OMG! Totally sinful!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I snack on meat and nuts. I swear.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I snack on meat and nuts. I swear.

*facepalm* Sweetheart, you just made me spit water on myself!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I like almonds, cabot 50% cheese snacks, ry krisp crackers with laughing cow or even a slice of turkey (deli) and cheese,
    peanut butter celery, and Luna protein bars. I try to include protein in most snacks because it satisfies me more than carbs alone.
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Baked chips & single serve salsa packets, air popped popcorn w/ Pampered Chef Parmesan seasoning, clementines, energy pack nut mix, string cheese (wrapped w/ turkey sometimes), yogurt.
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and crushed pineapple
    Cottage cheese and black pepper
    Steamed edamame with sea salt
    Plain yogurt and stevia with frozen berries on top
    String Cheese
    Hummus and Pita Chips
    Popcorn
    Cucumbers and vinegar