Random friend requests

Options
Do any of the other women on here keep getting random friend requests from men whose profiles are locked and have like 300+ friends already lol
I’m here to log my weight and fitness, to get meal ideas and to share success and motivation
I don’t need to be a number on a list

Replies

• IFJagain
    IFJagain Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I see both men and women that, as I call them, are 'Collectors' and have 100+ friends. In my experience, those people tend to be the least supportive and are only interested in themselves.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes I get them frequently. I decline the men and I've accepted female and then check out their page. If they look legit I keep them otherwise I remove immediately. I never used to post that much and now that I am, getting a lot more of these.
  • _LION_
    _LION_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im a guy and have been recieving various friend requests.
    Simply fixed though, decline request lol.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @callsitlikeiseeit I like your approach. I get friend requests from people that don't have a single post on the boards. Don't really trust that. I know it is possible that they just use the tracking aspect, but still . . . Anywho, these days it is more a matter of not investing in "friends" that aren't friends. Don't got NO time for THAT! :grimace: I have a propensity for trying to fix people's problems. Not my job, and I am finally learning to stop that. I also have no tolerance for people that just want to whine and don't want to work! So I really don't want friend requests unless it is someone, such as yourself, that I can SEE what you are doing, and not someone invisible with unknown motives. Hugs to y'all. Be safe!
  • SomeMFPuser
    SomeMFPuser Posts: 53 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If it's random, then see this... https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823922/help-inappropriate-friend-requests-pics#latest

If it's not, then decline.

My profile is locked and I send requests from time-to-time as well. Users can accept or decline as deemed necessary.

That said, I've been on users lists with a smallish number of friends and they have zero interaction with me. I eventually remove them. Conversely, I've been on lists with a couple hundred or so and they interact all the time.

Just never know.
  • 1002Shed
    1002Shed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I think it happens on both sides of the fence, but interesting....how do I know if I'm locking my account? Would like to make available as I agree it is nice to see who you may be talking with. Take care everyone and stay motivated!! Jim
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have gotten several lately also. After accepting looked at their feed and instead of US all had some “sporting” website in another country posted. Unfriended and done.
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Luckyyyyy. Been a member for idk how many years and only have 3 friends. 😴

• Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Actually I'm being stalked by a guy here!! :s
    He constantly sends me friend request, one of my MFP friends suggested let his request sit so he won't be able to send again, but I still got a notification this morning that this guy wants to be friends! Complaining to support is useless. Some people on my fl are like just add him. Nope I don't add everyone and the guy is clearly a *kitten* stalker so NO!