Weekly 1000/100 Challenge!

Options
13»

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I am up for this!! I just walked to get my lunch (20 minutes round trip) and burned 123 calories! I am behind on my water...off to drink some.
  • KatVaux
    KatVaux Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    68 oz and 275 calories down! 32 more oz and 825 more calories to go. Might be tight...:wink:
  • shydaisi
    Options
    154/32
  • shydaisi
    Options
    I'm fairly new to this site and wanted to join the challenge. Now is this 1000/100 in a day or over a period of time. I think the most i've been able to burn was like 700 calories and that was taking a cardio sculpt class at the gym.

It is for one day :)
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'll do it! I am the opposite of everyone else! The 1000 calories burn will be easy...water on the other hand does not sound fun!!! Tummy hurts just thinking about it!
  • FKat
    FKat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    110 oz Water 800 calories burned so far :))
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Almost made it yesterday: 913 burned, 120 oz water

But today is a new day! :smile:

72 oz today so far
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job everyone!!!

120/300 for me so far, gonna run 5 miles tonight, so ill be over the 1K cals
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I could maybe burn that many calories on a weekend day but would never have time on a work day. But why in the world would I want to drink 100 oz of water in one day?!? That doesn't sound healthy.
  • shydaisi
    Options
    I could maybe burn that many calories on a weekend day but would never have time on a work day. But why in the world would I want to drink 100 oz of water in one day?!? That doesn't sound healthy.

The *current* (we know how these things change often!) recommendation is to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water per day, minimum. Drinking 8 glasses was a standard recommendation, meant for people of average weight. However, the larger you are, the more you should drink. I am 214 pounds, so I should be drinking a minimum of 107 ounces per day. If you live in a hot, humid climate (which I do) or if you consume high amounts of sodium (which I sometimes do), you should often drink more than that, especially on days that you exercise. I generally consume between 100 and 160 ounces of water per day depending on how hard I exercise that day - burning 1,000 calories like this challenge suggests would cause me to be on the higher end of that spectrum and reasonably so.

Check out this water consumption calculator: http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Also, I have read (at work, so I don't have time to look for sources) that the danger in consuming too much water (like the water intoxication you hear about in the news where people are hospitalized or die from drinking too much water) is not in how much you drink, but how fast.
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    100 oz of water, sure makes exercise slow....

Those bathroom breaks are killing my rhythm!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

The *current* (we know how these things change often!) recommendation is to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water per day, minimum. Drinking 8 glasses was a standard recommendation, meant for people of average weight. However, the larger you are, the more you should drink. I am 214 pounds, so I should be drinking a minimum of 107 ounces per day. If you live in a hot, humid climate (which I do) or if you consume high amounts of sodium (which I sometimes do), you should often drink more than that, especially on days that you exercise. I generally consume between 100 and 160 ounces of water per day depending on how hard I exercise that day - burning 1,000 calories like this challenge suggests would cause me to be on the higher end of that spectrum and reasonably so.

Check out this water consumption calculator: http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Also, I have read (at work, so I don't have time to look for sources) that the danger in consuming too much water (like the water intoxication you hear about in the news where people are hospitalized or die from drinking too much water) is not in how much you drink, but how fast.

I have never heard that recommendation from any medical association or organization. Everything I've ever seen (from a medical org) says you just need to drink enough liquids so that your urine is fairly clear.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    GREAT on calories....only 80 oz of water. :(
  • FKat
    FKat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm done 4 Today 160 oz Water and 1267 calories Burned :)))
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    made the 1000 calories
    didn't make 100 oz :cry:
  • daisymae25
    daisymae25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, Gary, Will the days when you post the challenge show up in our newsfeed, or will you just be posting a forum topic? Thanks. :smile:
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Nice job everyone!!!!

Ill post on the newsfeed and on the forums next week about the challenge!!