Up for a Challenge?

Options
I'm the kind of person who loves a challenge. The feeling of being the best beats out most other feelings. I think that I'd lose weight better if I'm competing with other people. I'm thinking about starting a "Biggest Loser" type challenge. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here so bare with me. Here's what I'm thinking;

Limit the competition to about 12 or 14 people. Split evenly male/female. I'm thinking of having men vs men and women vs women. We have a mutual weigh in day every week. Weights are posted on the group page (not sure if that's possible on MFP or if it'd be easier to do on Facebook). I'll convert the weight loss to percentage loss and each week the male and female with the lowest percentage will be out. The last two of men and last two women will have the winner of each group determined by total percentage lost for the whole competition.

Another option is make two teams, men vs women. Calculate it all as a team. Lowest team loses their lowest percentage member for that week. Then the final 4 will be individuals.

Anyone interested? Lemme know what you think or any suggestions.

Thanks,
Tom

Replies

• smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would be interested! I like the individual idea better
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    sounds good, I'm in.
  • tomdudely
    tomdudely Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    With the individual idea.... should it be against your own sex? Or should everyone compete against everyone?
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i'm ready! inbox me details when you work it out!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    since men lose weight faster i'd say even break ...but i do like the challenge of m vs w
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like the team idea better but whatever you decide on should be fun
  • tomdudely
    tomdudely Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like the men vs women team challenge as well. I guess it would come down to getting even teams. If not enough interest from men we could just do it as individuals. I'm heading to school. I'll check back in a few hours and maybe set something up tonight or tomorrow