What is the best compliment you can give someone?

Options
miam4nia
miam4nia Posts: 137 Member
Or, what is the best compliment you've ever received? :p

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    To call someone genuine, I think.
    -wtk
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    -wtk
    I agree
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    "I love to make you smile...you're so beautiful when you smile"
  • karenx30
    Options
    any genuine compliment is the best you can give AND receive.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    That I inspire them. It pushes me to work harder to keep others working toward a healthier lifestyle. I hear it almost daily on here from users...it means more to me than these users know.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    "You drive perfect race lines"
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This might seem shallow (because it's physical), but one of my closest male friends told me once when I was complaining about gaining weight: "I don't care what size you are, Deena. You are the sexiest woman I've ever met."

Coming from a stranger, it would be trite and transparent, but from a genuine guy who's known me almost my entire life and has seen me at every weight, it was the best compliment I've ever received!
    Or, what is the best compliment you've ever received? :p
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The way my husband described me to his friends when we first met, "She's perfect for me. I'm talkin' made-in-the-garage-like-Weird-Science perfect!" :blushing:

Genuinely laughing at my jokes is nice, too. I'd much rather be complimented on my personality, sense of humor or intelligence than on my looks.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    -wtk

I totally agree.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    -wtk

I totally agree.

And anything thats genuine.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Each time I see you, I'm reminded of how much I've missed you.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    The way my husband described me to his friends when we first met, "She's perfect for me. I'm talkin' made-in-the-garage-like-Weird-Science perfect!" :blushing:

OMG, I would have married him, too.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    also when people tell me I've helped them, or I'm thoughtful.
    Because sometimes people do not appreciate this and take take take.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Each time I see you, I'm reminded of how much I've missed you.

Wow that is a good one. :smile:
  • heymommy0
    Options
    "every time you smile it makes me want to smile" , " I could not imagine waking up to anything more beautiful than you"

"Your the best friend a person could have you are always there when I need you, a sholder to cry on or just to make me laugh"
  • ilookthetype
    Options
    Um, one of my very good friends and I became friends via Dr. Who geekery, and we are purely platonic, but one time when we were talking he turned to me and said, "You're the Donna to my Doctor" and my inner geek kind of freaked out.

My best friend's mom told me that she hopes I'll stay closer to her family even after my best friend marries and moves out because she thinks that I'm a good influence on her younger daughters. I got in the car and cried.
  • Autumn15
    Options
    Um, one of my very good friends and I became friends via Dr. Who geekery, and we are purely platonic, but one time when we were talking he turned to me and said, "You're the Donna to my Doctor" and my inner geek kind of freaked out.

My best friend's mom told me that she hopes I'll stay closer to her family even after my best friend marries and moves out because she thinks that I'm a good influence on her younger daughters. I got in the car and cried.

Ok those are so great... Love that!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    "you are the only person here who i do not want to punch in the neck. ... even if they paid me."
  • ilookthetype
    Options
    "you are the only person here who i do not want to punch in the neck. ... even if they paid me."

WOAH, serious business compliment. :)
  • danacho
    danacho Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    her swallowing lol

sorry couldnt resist:laugh: