Ladies: What has been working for you?

Options
In this last week I have been exercising dieting and using this app. Everyday I am allowed 1200 calories so I eat within that guideline. Also I burn off all the calories that I eat. It's been 7 days and so far I am down 4 lbs. What have you been doing to lose your weight?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    If by "burn off all the calories that I eat" you mean that you are exercising enough to burn 1200 calories a day, you are overdoing it and creating too large a deficit. You need to eat more and/or exercise less. Your body consumes energy just keeping you alive, carrying out your non-exercise activities, etc.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    4 pounds in 7 days is exceptional! WTG! I've been eating between 1200 to 1500 calories/day and don't exercise. I've lost 14 pounds since the end of August. I'm pretty happy with that!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    In this last week I have been exercising dieting and using this app. Everyday I am allowed 1200 calories so I eat within that guideline. Also I burn off all the calories that I eat. It's been 7 days and so far I am down 4 lbs. What have you been doing to lose your weight?

It sounds like you have misunderstood how MFP is supposed to work.

gk0ooalqbdof.png

Also, unless you are very very short AND sedentary, you can eat more than 1200 calories and lose weight. It won't be as FAST, but it will be SAFER and more SUSTAINABLE.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    On average I eat 1500-1800 daily and I journal my food and liquid intake here, I weigh and measure it all to stay accountable and it is what helped.morw than anything losing 57 lbs within the last 12 months for me. Hardly any exercise but I'm working on that now for fitness sake. Only time I ever ate 1200 calories was a sick day or I wasn't very hungry that day, which rarely happens.

You can eat more I'm sure and as others have said the goal isn't to burn all the calories you eaten or vice versa, it's to find a balance.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I lost 70lbs down to a BMI of 19.5 by eating 1200-1600 calories a day of plant-based foods, doing moderate exercise, and working a fairly active job.

I gained back about 25lbs due to a few medications, still a healthy BMI, but aiming to lose 15 of those by eating 1200-1500 calories a day of plant-based foods, but closer to 1200 as I'm injured and can't exercise as much.

Also doing 18:6 IF 5 days a week.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have been doing what I discovered was called recomp for years - lost about 5kg about 5/6 years ago by eating around 1600. Got to around 20 BMI (I'm very small) and have been training with weights and body weight to increase muscle while gradually losing a bit more fat! It's slow but ok - I'm 56 and in pretty good shape - legs are last to respond so still trying to get them looking better.