My journey to better health

Options
My journey to better health started a week ago. It hasn't been easy but I am determine this time to go in all the way. After obtaining my new career which required me to be at my desk more I gained a substantial amount of weight, which I am not use to at all. My previous job required me to move around more and spend less time at my desk, and I miss it so much. Now here I am fighting to loss the weight I gained and more, but I'm determine and I am going to get it done.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Hi @spearce20

Welcome to MFP!

Have you had a chance to listen ok around and start to set up a plan of action?
  • BridgetPhom
    BridgetPhom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WoW we are in the same boat! I used to work a physical job last year and was getting 20k+ steps in a day plus all the lifting I was doing as well. Now I’m a bank teller and I do not take very many steps, maybe 4K on a good day at work. The bad part is I never changed my diet from when I worked at the old place so I’ve gained 30lbs since acquiring my new job.

If you wouldn’t mind I’d like to support you on your journey! Congrats on getting motivated to start your new lifestyle.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    It all starts with the right mindset, if you want it bad enough you will get there. Consistency is key. Wishing you the best of luck, you can absolutely do this 🤗