Options

Replies

• Manders1305
    Options
    YOU GUYS ROCK!! Thank you again!!
  • gibsonc390
    gibsonc390 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For me I have found a few things I like that are tasting and low calories/sodium. My staple snack is Dannon Light & Git yogurt 80 calories, tasty, quick. In the mornings I like Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix (Fruit & Nut) quick tasty 140 calories a bar bought big box at Sam's club. The other two are when I crave chips they are called Garden Veggie Straws or Chips you get a nice size portion for only 130 calories. My favorite is Janes's Cholesterol Free, Lightly Salted, Low Carb Popcorn yummy with nice portions 130 calories. I also by fresh fruits and make fruit salad to snack on put time consuming to make. I also love organic Cherry tomatoes.

Hope that helps and good Luck !
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I snack on meat and nuts. I swear.

*facepalm* Sweetheart, you just made me spit water on myself!

Sorry!
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    FiberOne & Special K bars for snacks, only 90 calories

Almonds are good for snacks too!

Fiber One brownies are THE best! Costco sells in huge box!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    my normal snacks are

ritz hint of salt crackers with laughing cow herb and garlic wedge
    baby carrots
    celary with pernut butter and rasins or dried cranberries on top
    almonds
    skinny cow ice cream bars
    fruit most any lol I love fruit
    banana cut in to chip slices with peanut butter in the center then roll them in rice crispy cereal (my kids love these and they taste pretty good to me as well lol)
    special K red berry with almond breeze
    air popped pop corn nothing added I like mine plain :)
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Some of my personal favorites;

Snackwell's Cereal Bars
    Blue Diamond Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Almonds (little less nutritious than raw but hits my sweet tooth)
    Beef Jerky
    Chobani Greek Yogurt w/ fruit
    Whitehouse Chunky Applesauce w/ cinnamon
    Sunmaid organic raisins
    Blackberry
    Raspberry
    Strawberry
    Pomegrante seeds

Sorry if that was more than you were looking for, I just started thinking of thinks I like to snack on.
  • vlogirl
    Options
    Special K bars are awesome! Oh and Nature Valley Gronola Thins (Dark chocolate flavored) Pop Chips, cottage cheese. Whole wheat toast with almond butter and half of bannana.
  • Manders1305
    Options
    What about tuna? Is plain tuna healthy?
  • drzrider61
    Options
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream bars at 100 calories each are my favorite snack. Ice Cream and Chocolate, dosen't get better than that.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Goldfish crackers- You get like 43-55 crackers a serving depending on which one you get.. I like Pretzel, Whole Grain, and the Xtra Chocolate ones for that sweet craving.
    Popcorn is good
    Cheerios
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My favorite is air popped popcorn...it's filling...good fiber and delish. I like to pop it then lightly spray with butter flavored cooking spray, add a tad bit of salt and YUM!!
  • vlogirl
    Options
    Yes it is. Oh and I almost forgot if you do it the hummus use rice crackers.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    cheese sticks - just make sure to read labels

matchstick cut carrots - i like these b/c you can do the "hand to mouth" eating and not worry about it

Snyders mini pretzels - so yummy and so low cal

cucumber slices - perfect on a hot day

beef jerky - again watch your labels, but it can really help as a quick protein

when i need to feel like i'm having something sweet and sinful:

skinny cow

lindt dark chocolate truffles - 70 cals each and so delish!

endangered species chocolates - low cal, ethically traded, organically grown and proceeds go to different charities - good for my mouth, my weight and my planet, needless to say i'm a fan! lol

`~~ edited b/c i can't speel. lol
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I snack on meat and nuts. I swear.

*facepalm* Sweetheart, you just made me spit water on myself!

hahahaha she made me LOL and so i had to copy and paste what i read and email to my friend sitting next to me at work!!!!!!!
  • oumati
    oumati Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i snack on fat free yogurt, hard boiled egg, an fruits. Also humus wuth carot keeps me going until my next meal
  • Sandra1962
    Options
    I like the sugar free jello puddings. ww pops low calories
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the poster who reminded me about edamame...i'm going to see if i can find them on my next shop!
    And yes, tuna (i presumed you mean tinned) is a good shout :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    What about tuna? Is plain tuna healthy?

Tuna is very healthy and even mayo can be worked into your cals. You can use light mayo if you want, but I prefer real mayo. I eat tuna salad on lettuce wraps with tomato and avocado. You can also do chicken or turkey salad if you get sick of tuna. I've also used plain greek yogurt instead of mayo and it's quite delicious.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker too, but have to have portion controlled items, like almonds if it's a big bag I eat way to many so single serving pouches keep me in check. It's a little lore expensive, but it keeps me in check!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    These are some great ideas - thanks to the OP for putting this up; I've gotten some new ideas for myself.

My usual go to snacks if I'm on the go is either an apple, a banana or one of the Special K snack bars (or a Quaker Oats snack bar).
    If i'm at home, one of the above, or air popped popcorn.. tomato w/ some olive oil drizzled and some Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning, Cottage Cheese w/ a dash of pepper, yogurt or a tablespoon of peanut butter on some a single piece of whole wheat bread.