The scale won’t budge.. Please help =\

jenna2cu
jenna2cu Posts: 35 Member
edited October 2021 in Motivation and Support
Hello! I am getting so discouraged.. over the last year I’ve lost 60 pounds, but since mid-May I can’t get the scale to budge. I started at 276, right now I hang around 215 since May. It’s been 5 months now. I’ve tried cutting back on calories, I’ve tried doing macro counting, exercising.. truly nothing is helping! Thank you for any tips.

Replies

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited October 2021
    Things that might be helpful:

What is your height?

Open up your diary so you can get helpful tips on logging
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Also take a look at this:

mwrzo50uf9gz.jpg
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Are you taking measurements? It's possible that you're still losing inches even if the scale doesn't change. Other than that, my guess is that you're consuming too many calories. Do you use a food scale? I'm always amazed at the difference between my guess on portion size and what the scale actually tells me!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    get a tape measure instead.
  • jenna2cu
    jenna2cu Posts: 35 Member
    I am 5’4”, and I do use a food scale! I consume around 1500 calories a day. Maybe it’s too much now?
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    I don't use MFP's calorie recommendations and recalculate my BMR every 25 pounds or when I plateau. Have you been especially stressed or emotional?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    jenna2cu wrote: »
    I am 5’4”, and I do use a food scale! I consume around 1500 calories a day. Maybe it’s too much now?

The "real number" for TDEE (or NEAT, which doesn't include your work-out calories) varies a bit person-to-person. There are several formulas for estimating it, all based on population averages The page below explains several of the formulas, and you can learn something by playing around with them:

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/tdee

But, the bottom line is what happens to your bodyweight. Be persistent, and you will eventually get the results you want! Best of luck!
  • Jeremy0311
    Jeremy0311 Posts: 3 Member
    Don't give up. That scale is an *kitten* and it's way to lose motivation because of it. I would talk to a professional nutritionist about it. I'm sure there an solution to your problem. You got this!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    How consistent are you? I don't know how active you are, but eating 1500 daily should result in weight loss over time based on the stats you mentioned. Do you log every day? Maybe you need to make it a priority to be consistent with your logging & accuracy for the next 8 weeks. It can be so easy to get into a routine of thinking 'I know what a serving looks like' or 'I know how may calories I'm eating in a day' and stop logging. Then calorie creep happens.