Most significant NSV to date!!

Options
So, here's the back-story:

I've always been heavier than my younger sister. She's always been considered the thin pretty one, and I've always been the fat smart one. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being thought of as the smart one - I just didn't appreciate being considered the fat sister.

Anyhow, since starting MFP and losing weight others have told me that I am now at a point where I am thinner than my sister. It was nice to hear this, but I just kind of let it roll off because I never really believed it to be true - Until last night. My sister's fiance managed to shrink a pair of dress pants that she had just purchased - she didn't even get a chance to wear them. She told me they had gotten so small that she literally could not get them up past her thighs. She also told me if I could get them on, then I could have them. So, I decided give it a whirl and see if they would fit me (they were expensive pants, I'm not going to turn that down!). I expected the worst as I started to pull them on, and then excitement when I actually got them over my hips. In fact, they did fit... AND there was room to spare!!

I am now the proud owner of a free pair of expensive dress pants that my sister is too "fat" to wear. Fantastic :happy:

Replies

• Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Congrats, what a great feeling...now you are the smart, thinner prettier sister!!
  • twinlikeme
    twinlikeme Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :) I totally know how you feel about being the bigger sister. Except my sister is my practically identical twin. Yay for me. We're pretty similar in abilities, brains, athletics, except I always weighed more. I'm working on being even with her!
  • lisaweaver3
    lisaweaver3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How awesome is that? And how awesome are you! That moment was worth every bit of blood sweat and tears to lose that weight! Congratulations!
  • lisseth82
    Options
    Love this. Awesome!
  • ladyeyessogreen
    ladyeyessogreen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful feeling you must have! :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Thats a great NSV...WTG!
  • runningartist
    runningartist Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is GREAT! I, too was always the fat sibling until I had major weight loss a few years ago..... I can relate!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's pretty amazing. I'd be super excited about that. I'm the younger sister and have always been "fatter"/bigger/thicker. My sister has pretty much been a 6-10 since she was 18 and I've always been a 12-14 or bigger. Finally in a 10 and can't wait to be about her size.
  • lotusblossomctf
    Options
    sweet!
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow! so you got your prize hahaahah
  • Chuck417
    Options
    Booyah Sis!!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Wow! Awesome.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Now that is an A_W_E_S_O_M_E_!_!_! NSV on so many different levels!!!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! I am also the fat sibling. Would tickle me pink to be smaller than sis.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    must feel great!
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is awsome!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    LMAO That's an awesome story!! Congrats, maybe that will help motivate your sister to make some changes too???
  • jellycar
    Options
    LMAO That's an awesome story!! Congrats, maybe that will help motivate your sister to make some changes too???
    I certainly hope so! Obesity and the diseases associated with it all run ramped in my family. I'd love to see her switch to a healthier lifestyle.

Thanks for all the congratulatory comments everyone! They made this victory even sweeter :smile:
  • kdeven
    kdeven Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE NSV! Way to go :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!