If You're A Pumpkin Lover

Options
MandaLen13
MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
I love anything with pumpkin in it...especially this time of year so when I found this recipe I just had to try it. It was a huge success so I thought I'd share...

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

8 oz container of Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp light brown sugar
dash of salt (optional)

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Makes 10 servings of 2 tbsp each.

Per serving: 80 Calories, 5 Carbs, 7 Fat, 1 Protein, 100 Sodium (more if you add the salt)

It's so yummy!!!!!! ENJOY!!! :)

Replies

• awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love anything with pumpkin it it...especially this time of year so when I found this recipe I just had to try it. It was a huge success so I thought I'd share...

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

8 oz container of Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese
    1/2 Cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin
    1 1/2 tsp McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
    1 tsp Vanilla Extract
    2 tbsp light brown sugar
    dash of salt (optional)

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Makes 10 servings of 2 tbsp each.

Per serving: 80 Calories, 5 Carbs, 7 Fat, 1 Protein, 100 Sodium (more if you add the salt)

It's so yummy!!!!!! ENJOY!!! :)

just fell in love with you! well maybe not you but at least this post!

I'd practically rape, pillage and murder for things of pumpkin decent! I stock up during the fall months so I can get a taste of it in summer when you cant find it!
  • MandaLen13
    Options

just fell in love with you! well maybe not you but at least this post!

I'd practically rape, pillage and murder for things of pumpkin decent! I stock up during the fall months so I can get a taste of it in summer when you cant find it!

I'm the same way!!!! Pumpkin is so yummy!!!!! :)
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!! I am going to try to make a semi healthy pumpkin cheesecake. I will let you know how it goes.
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Here's another one for you pumpkin lovers!!! ;)

PUMPKIN ROLL

INGREDIENTS
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 cup white sugar
    • 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
    • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    • confectioners' sugar for dusting

• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
    • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
    • 8 ounces cream cheese
    DIRECTIONS
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Grease and flour the paper.
    2. In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on top.
    3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
    4. To Make Filling: Mix confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.
    5. Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.
  • MandaLen13
    Options
    Here's another one for you pumpkin lovers!!! ;)

PUMPKIN ROLL

INGREDIENTS
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 cup white sugar
    • 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
    • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    • confectioners' sugar for dusting

• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
    • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
    • 8 ounces cream cheese
    DIRECTIONS
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Grease and flour the paper.
    2. In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on top.
    3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
    4. To Make Filling: Mix confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.
    5. Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.

YUM!!! I'll have to try this! Thanks for posting!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump love pumpkin!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    One of my faves. I add a bit of chipotle in adobo too...

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/467

Serves 6

Besides adding a sweet nutty flavor to dishes, pumpkin is a ready source of vitamin A, which boosts the nutrition content of this offbeat chili. Garnish each portion with a dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro.
    Ingredients

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 small yellow onion, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
    2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 pound ground white or dark meat turkey
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
    1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    Method

Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add beans. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more. Ladle chili into bowls and serve.
    Nutrition

Per serving (about 12oz/348g-wt.): 280 calories (110 from fat), 13g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 23g total carbohydrate (8g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 20g protein
  • RMinVA
    Options
    I also make pumpkin pie smoothies at this time of year.

For 2:

1/2 cup each plain non fat yogurt, pumpkin, and "milk" (soy, almond, %, whatever)
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    1 frozen banana
    pumpkin pie spice to taste
    ice for texture.

Like drinking pumpkin pie for breakfast!!!
  • RMinVA
    Options
    Then there is the quick and easy "muffin" recipe:

I box devil's food OR spice cake mix and a 15oz can of pumpkin. That's it!!

Mix them, and do not add anything else, batter will be dense. Put in muffin tin (makes 12) and bake at 400 for 20 mins.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options

For 2:

1/2 cup each plain non fat yogurt, pumpkin, and "milk" (soy, almond, %, whatever)
    1 frozen banana
    ice for texture.

OMG OMG!!!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but since everybody here is a pumpkin lover, I have to share this.

This is right Before I knew I was pregnant with my daughter.
    I woke up having the strangest craving ever. I wanted pumpkin NOW. Being in the fall I just assumed it was a season craving! I found a can of pumpkin in the pantry. I proceeded to fry the pumpkin in a pan until it was roasted. I indulge half of the can and then my husband came home and said "Oh my...what is that horrible smell???" When he saw the puree half burned pumkin he asked me to PLEASE go get a pregnancy test cause that is NASTY!
    Fair enough, I was! lol

To all your pumpkin lover including myself, NOT to be tried again!
  • melsfitness
    melsfitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone. I can't wait to try all these yummy recipes!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Anyone have pumpkin as a vegetable recipe? Years ago, I was in a restaurant in california, and I was served some mashed pumpkin on the side, with unique savoury spicing. I've been looking for it ever since.

I also have a pumpkin poundcake recipe, and a chocolate chip pumpking recipe, but they are not for dieters. But I'll post my pumpkin soup recipe as soon as I get home tonight.
  • ejackson127
    Options
    bump... can't wait to try these!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The cream cheese sounds delicious! Have you tried making it with fat free cream cheese?
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    you could probably use low calorie low sugar organic graham crackers and grind them up with just a little butter, bake them in the oven in a muffin pan and have baby pumpkin cheesecakes! yummy
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I gotta make this pumpkin soup again sometime, it is to die for!

Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Soup

•4 tablespoons unsalted butter
    •1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
    •1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
    •1/3 cup finely chopped celery
    •4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves (dried is fine too)
    •1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    •3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    •1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    •2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
    •1 cup half-and-half (I used fat-free)
    •1/4 cup cornstarch
    •3 cups chicken broth
    •1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
    •1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
    •1 teaspoon salt
    •1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1.Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat, and cook, whisking frequently, until the butter starts to brown and foam, about 2 to 3 minutes.
    2.Stir in the onion, carrot, celery, sage, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, and cook until tender, stirring frequently, until tender.
    3.Stir in the garlic and cook an additional minute.
    4.Stir together the half-and-half and cornstarch in a liquid measuring cup, and pour it into the pot, along with the chicken broth, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
    5.Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. When the soup starts to thicken reduce the heat to low.
    6.Using an immersion blender*, puree the soup until a smooth consistency is reached and simmer until ready to serve. Ladle the soup into serving bowls.
    * If you don't have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender. Just remember, hot soup expands when you blend it so don't overfill the blender.

http://ibuyflour.blogspot.com/
  • MandaLen13
    Options
    The cream cheese sounds delicious! Have you tried making it with fat free cream cheese?

No I havent tried it with fat free...I used the whipped because I like the texture more and it is lower in calories than regular cream cheese. I just like my cream cheese light and fluffy.
  • MandaLen13
    Options

For 2:

1 frozen banana
    ice for texture.

This sounds absolutely AMAZING!!!! I will be trying this very soon!!!!
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump