Help! I need workouts for certain areas!

Options
Heyy!

My name is Annie and I'm trying to get back to my normal, healthy weight! At my lowest I was about 110-115lbs, but over 2 years, I gained 25lbs and it's all located around my tummy, thighs, a bit on my arms, and hips! I want to gain lean muscle and lose the fat, so, I was wondering if anyone knew any workouts I could try out at home? I can't afford a gym membership at the moment, so any ideas on what specific workouts I should do? I have already started cutting back on soda/ unhealthy foods and eating around 1200 calories a day...

If anyone knows workouts that are good in conjunction with a run, that would be great! I plan on working out 5 times a week for 30min or more each time!!!

Thanks,

Annie <3

Replies

• cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    If you have a dvd player you should invest in one of the Jillian Michaels dvds like 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30. They are really good workouts. I'm not sure how long the Ripped in 30 takes, but I know the 30 Day Shred is only like 30 mins. from start to finish per session.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. All you can do is tone ALL of your muscles so that when you lose the weight, your nice toned muscles are underneath instead of just flab. Google all over body workouts or simply pick up a Shape, Women's Health, or Self magazine. Try workouts from bodyrock.tv that primarily use your own body weight and sometimes dumbbells.
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I found a lot of very good stuff by google-ing Full Body Bodyweight Workout. GL!
  • angiemb87
    angiemb87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie,
    Even though you can't spot train to make areas lose weight quicker than others (Our bodies do whatever they want, darn it) I would suggest Pilates. It helps to strengthen your core and tighten up that natural girdle we've all got around our waists, plus helps you with your posture so you stand taller and look leaner. GREAT for your legs as well, I started doing a 10 minute pilates workout about two weeks ago every day and my friend told me she already sees the difference in my thighs and glutes. I gotta say I can tell as well. In addition to cardio to drop pounds, and pilates to gain muscle and a well balanced diet, I think youre' on your way...
  • hcp1217
    Options
    what type of 10 minute pilates exercise do you do??