New Mom, Over 40 and weight loss

Options
I am new to the Myfitnesspal community. I typically have been able to stay motivated and lose weight on my own, but the friends/family that used to be active with me, have either moved on to other priorities, health is no longer a priority, or just not motivated. So, I am hoping that this community can be some what of a accountability coach for me when I am not feeling motivated.

Replies

• judowolf
    judowolf Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    MFP is like anything else, you get out of it what you put in it...there is a great community here and lots of people with insight into diet, fitness and motivation. If you decide to stay, you'll find lots of support and friends. There are lots of people who log everything using this app, which I used to do and it works great for that. I'm a daily user that's pretty much just trying to maintain while I prep for a 5k next month. You're more than welcome to add me, I'll do my best to provide support, accountability and motivation to reach your goals...best of luck on your journey!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Community!

Another good option in a situation like yours can be to join one of the challenge/motivation groups in this part of the Community:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

There are quite a few different ones, each with its own style or "culture". You can read their intro posts, maybe find one that looks good, and try it out. That's a good way to engage, plus perhaps meet people on a similar wavelength to add as MFP friends.

Just a thought!

Wishing you much success!