Fast and easy breakfasts ideas

Options
I eat peanut butter 1tbs with wheat toast and sliced banana on top getting bored with that any ideas?

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    breakfast sandwich:
    1 whole grain english muffin (toasted)
    1 slice of cheese (I like pepperjack)
    1 egg ( I just throw one in ramekin and microwave for 50 seconds)
    about 260 calories and very filling from the protein

overnight oatmeal:
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 6oz container of fat free yogurt (plain or flavored)
    1/4 cup of milk (I like coconut milk)
    berries or other fruit if you want
    Mix all of these in a container the night before and refridgerate until morning

English muffins are a go-to for me. I put peanut butter on them with some cinnamon or some coconut butter with a little raspberry jelly (this isn't as filling though)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Fruit and beef jerky. I'm only half unhealthy!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have a hard time with breakfast foods because I need protein, but I didn't have time to cook eggs. I was doing hard boiled eggs, but that got old after a couple months.

Now, I do away with "breakfast foods" and just eat a turkey or ham sandwich on wheat bread.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito: 1/4 cup scrambled egg whites, 1 turkey sausage cut up, 1 light babybel cheese cut cut (the hard cheese). Put it all on a wheat tortilla and microwave until the cheese has melted. Delish!

"Carrot cake" oatmeal: 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, prepared, add shredded carrots, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cap vanilla flavoring, 1 pack of Truvia, and 2 tbsp. raisins.

What I sometimes do is prepare about a week or so of pancakes and stick them in the fridge, then I can just microwave and devour ;). But I opt for fruit on them instead of syrup. Usually I get a natural fruit spread or I'll microwave 1/2 cup strawberries cut up and 1 pack of Truvia for about a minute and it makes a sort of chunky fruit spread....its very good!

Good luck (:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like instant steel cut oats (old fashioned too) - I pour boiling water on top, cover and let it sit overnight. In the morning the cook time is cut in half. I stir in PB2 (you could sub protein powder or peanut butter).

Also - I add Kashi Go Lean cereal (high protein & high fiber) and sliced almonds to yogurt and frozen raspberries. I measure everything at night - so in the a.m. I pour the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients & stir.

If you like eggs - breakfast burritos can be made ahead and stored in the freezer.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    beef jerk, depending on the brand, is actually pretty healthy, just watch out for some flavors which have a lot of sugar, and drink plenty of water to combat the sodium
  • joditenzer
    Options
    I eat this every morning, and it's yummy, has the right balance of protein/grains so it keeps me satiated all morning and pretty low in cal/fat:

1 English muffin- the multi grain light kind that says 1/3 your daily fiber on the pkg (has 8g of fiber)
    1-2 Laughing Cow light swiss wedges
    2 slices of canadian bacon, 'fried' in Pam

Toast English muffin. Spread on the cheese. Top with bacon. Enjoy!