Curious? & Want to Know??...RE: Food Diary???

Options
What would you say, are the 3 most important things we should keep track of in are Food Diary. I noticed that sometimes somethings are in red with a minus sign???

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I track 4 things...water, coffee, alcohol, and food.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Carbs, Protein, Fat. I just hit my macros and not stress the other stuff.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I think that partly depends on whether you have health issues that you are trying to monitor. I personally monitor sugar, cholesterol, sodium and fat.
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think the main things to track are calories, fat, carbs and protein. I try to stay on track with my calories ALWAYS and then keep two of the three remaining in check (within 20% of my daily value). I hope that answers your question.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I track calories, sodium, and calcium. I never seem to get enough calcium so I chose to track that, and having high blood pressure, I track the sodium
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Protein, Carbs & Fat. If HBP is an issue, I'd track sodium too.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone, but carbs and protein, most definately. For me, calcium and iron are also very important because of my age and a slight case of anemia.

Red is good for some things (protein) and not others (fat)
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Calories and Alcohol.
    Because I want to lose weight, and I drink plenty.
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone, but carbs and protein, most definately. For me, calcium and iron are also very important because of my age and a slight case of anemia.

Quite a few have indicated Carbs...So at what amount should we max out at??
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

They also all added potein and fat. its just getting a good balance.
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options

I personally track Protein, Fat, Carbs, Sodium and Fiber

As for a carb level you'll get as many different answers as there are people on this sight...

I try to limit mine to 100-150 a day because it forces me to eat more protein.
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I track calories, fat, and carbs.
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've mainly been keeping tabs on calories (it's too hard to try and monitor anymore than that!). Sugar I've been consuming way too much, trying to work on bringing that down, it's not easy especially with processed foods. Carbs not so much, but i do try to watch how much I eat.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I track Calories, Protein, Carbs, Fat, Fiber, and Sodium. I keep my ratio for my Macros at 40/30/30. I make sure I get at least .8 grams of protein per pound of body weight. I track my water intake as well...and always go over the '8' glass rule...I usually get around 12 cups. I think it'll help you if you cut back on processed foods if possible.
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Carbs, sodium and sugar....
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've mainly been keeping tabs on calories (it's too hard to try and monitor anymore than that!). Sugar I've been consuming way too much, trying to work on bringing that down, it's not easy especially with processed foods. Carbs not so much, but i do try to watch how much I eat.

I've noticed sugar in more things than I expected