Weight loss buddy?

Options
I’m really fed up of being overweight, I just can’t seem to stay on track since having my son 15 months ago.

I need to lose around 40 pounds. I was wondering if anyone else in a similar situation would like to help motivate one another and hold each other accountable? Reading posts and advice online just isn’t enough to keep me on track anymore.

Replies

• SaraJC2016
    SaraJC2016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also looking for an accountability buddy! I've never really been able to stay on track for long, but now I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and like you I'm fed up! I just had my daughter 9 months ago and I want to be a better example and get healthier for her, among other reasons!
  • fernywhale3
    fernywhale3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here I'm way bigger than I want to be and have been using this app to stay focused only 5 days now would really want a weight loss buddy
  • sassynurse73
    sassynurse73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m interested. How would would we go about being accountable to each other?
  • anomarlirva
    anomarlirva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok that’s awesome, I’m thinking we set up a private group of some sort? I’m not sure it’s possible to do that on here though? If not maybe WhatsApp?

• anomarlirva
    anomarlirva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m interested. How would would we go about being accountable to each other?

Not sure exactly, I’m thinking we check in with each other at least once a week? But we can also message each other when we know we’re about to eat something they really know we shouldn’t lol. I’m open to ideas
  • sassynurse73
    sassynurse73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A whatsApp group is a good idea
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,206 Member
    Options
    One thing that can really help is a team where you stick together doing a lot of these things. For a long time. Until it works.

I found one like that and ended up as one of its leaders. It is a blast! I have been maintaining now for 9 years (as of September). Check it out! We have a few teams, each with a different flavour, so it helps to read through a bit of each one to see what clicks. Then join for November and see if it works. If so - stick around until you hit your goal and beyond.

Have a good look: (team chats under "discussions", general stuff under "announcements")
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Once you know if it might be for you, sign up:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847168/registration-for-new-members-november-2021#latest
  • milicavoj
    milicavoj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Milica, and I joined this website looking for support to lose weight. I've been struggling to gain healthy habits for years. I've been losing and gaining weight almost whole my life. I am mother of two little girls. I also think that Whatsapp group is a good idea, so if anyone makes one count me in.