Anchorage, AK... why must you suck?

Options
loristroud
loristroud Posts: 138 Member
Just sitting there in full flannel pj's and slippers thinking how ridiculously cold it is... anyone else in Alaska and hate it??

Replies

• TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm in Syracuse and it's damn close. We didn't nickname it Siberacuse for nothing!
  • bstevens1021
    Options
    Not in Alaska, but I used to be... and totally miss it!
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just sitting there in full flannel pj's and slippers thinking how ridiculously cold it is... anyone else in Alaska and hate it??

No, but I really wish I was wearing flannel pj's and slippers haha. So jealous
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation in Alaska like a month ago... and I was in Anchorage! It was like 50 so it was a little chilly but did not think it sucked. Did not stop me from not doing anything. BYW I live (and am currently) in Maine :) ... and for Maine it is HOT right now like 70's and it is making my allergies go crazy. I want it to snow and be cold. So I think u r lucky.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    BE happy you aren't me and in TEXAS. Insanely hot (90 days of over 100 degrees straight), DRY (exceptionally bad drought) and horrible wildfires (scary smoke in the air all the time). I wish it was cold outside........ I wish I was almost anywhere else.
  • loristroud
    Options
    I am a southern girl, from TN and have lived in Texas, and I miss the heat!!!! This whole Alaska thing just isn't cutting it for me. It's beautiful and all, and I have a moose that lives in the woods behind my house, that's pretty cool, but this cold.. I can't take it!
  • maddymama
    Options
    I usually love the heat, too, but this summer was so soul-suckingly bad down here. I usually spend the whole summer outside, in the heat, loving it all. This summer was just tooooo hot for tooooo long without ANY rain.

I'd take the cold for a bit this year.

:-)

~maddymama
  • loristroud
    Options
    I usually love the heat, too, but this summer was so soul-suckingly bad down here. I usually spend the whole summer outside, in the heat, loving it all. This summer was just tooooo hot for tooooo long without ANY rain.

I'd take the cold for a bit this year.

:-)

~maddymama

I know, everyone back home has told me how horrible the heat was. The summers aren't bad here at all, really pleasant. It's just now that it's getting cold, it's REALLY getting cold, haha. Though I can't complain TOO much, great excuse to stay in jammies all day piled up on the couch under a snugly blanket with the dog drinking hot cocoa and watching Spongebob. :D
  • maddymama
    Options
    Wanna trade?????

I've got two kids, and a husband..... I'd love to trade for a dog and cold weather for a bit. JK!!!!

My husband would love to go to Alaska for a year or two, not for forever, but for a nice extended stay. I need more convincing for the depth of winter (the lack of daylight would bother me more than the cold)...... Try to enjoy your time up there!