Question about body looks during weight loss

Options
I have lost weight before and never noticed this before. I have lost around 20lbs. I am noticing one side of my stomach indenting alot. One side has a little but the other side looks like someone took a chunk out of me. Is this normal? I am just watching what I eat and trying to get exercise in when I can but, no abdominal exercises mostly just walking or jogging. I was just a little worried when I saw this in the mirror. I guess I should be glad but, it just looks odd to me that it is one side and not both.

Replies

• Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Happening to me too! I am really worried about getting my skin to snap back in to place once I get rid of all this extra weight! Any suggestions?
  • Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Happening to me too! I am really worried about getting my skin to snap back in to place once I get rid of all this extra weight! Any suggestions?
  • sweetheatha
    Options
    This happened to me as well!!!! The other side is catching up since I've lost a few more pounds though :)
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It sounds normal to me.. look @ pics of peeps on The Biggest Loser.
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Which side is more distended? As a nurse, my first thought is enlargement of whichever organ (liver or spleen) is on that side. There could also be some intestinal distention. Do you feel OK otherwise? Not abdominal cramping, pain or tenderness on the larger side? Not trying to make you think something is wrong, but those are the things that came to mind. :-)
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    my stomach indents on one side too i think mine is where ive had children and things dont quite go back to normal if your worried perhaps show your doctor it may straighten out as you loose more weight hope thats helped you x
  • bstevens1021
    Options
    I had a very weird-shaped stomach, it looked like a baseball sitting in the middle with handles of flab low on each side, and really deep indentations high on each side. My stomach is slowly shrinking with my weight loss and it is evening out very nicely, I no longer have those deep indentations. Good luck!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate the way my body looks right now. I have a lot of loose skin especially in the tummy area. It looks the worst when I am on my hands and knees. The funny thing I noticed the other day was a big dimple at the bottom of my bum cheeks. Looks weird. I do a lot of squats and running so I don't know it is muscle trying to start forming.
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It seems like each time I've lost weight, my body changes differently. But since this will be the last time, I won't have to worry about that any more :happy:
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    My body got funky so many times during this. It will straighten out eventually. Just don't get discouraged and hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • sosborne73
    Options
    Thanks everyone. At least it is not jsut me. My stomach is not distended. It just has indented more on one side than the other. It is my left side. I have my check up with my physician next month so, if it still looks odd I will have him look at it. It is not sore or hurting. I feel fine. It is just odd looking and I just didn't notice it until the other day. Thanks for all the advice.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Mine was the same way when I started losing but it's evened out over time.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bodies aren't 100% symmetric! Lots of people with big tummies have one side that hangs more, I guess it just makes sense that one side would get smaller first.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    These things take time to snap back. You have to give your body one year after you hit goal weight before you should worry, if you want to worry. I don't worry---I am awfully happy with having these issues rather than carrying around all the extra weight and the risks it put on my health :)
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bodies aren't 100% symmetric! Lots of people with big tummies have one side that hangs more, I guess it just makes sense that one side would get smaller first.

This. Add to that, unless you're perfectly ambidextrous, if you're exercising you're bound to have one side that is more defined than the other, even in the early stages. :smile: