this is fab!!

Options
Hi only been using this 2 weeks max and i think its bloody fab! lost 2lb already but more inportantly it makes me watch what i eat whoohoo :) not getting enough protien is my prob eek whats good food wise for that?? any new friends with ideas to help me please feel free to say hellooo :) xx

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    for protein try:

lean meats such as chicken, tilapia, mahi mahi, tuna, ground turkey, lean ground beef (i try 85/15 or 90/10)

greek yogurt
    almond milk
    natural peanut butter (look for no sweeteners in the ingredients - typically just peanuts, oil, possibly salt)
    whole or multigrains: barilla plus has great multigrain pastas that are a few g protein per serving, also whole wheat bread, whole oats, whole wheat crackers are great for eating hummus or other healthy dips with or just with string cheese
    string cheese or mini babybel cheeses (good 'cause they're portioned out already)
    protein shake powder or protein bars (i like clif builder bars - 20g protein each and they taste good, plus give you a good dose of carbs and are ideal for after workouts).
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lean meats are good for protein-- Chicken, fish, etc as well as many types of beans and legumes! :) Even eggs, yogurt, and nuts! Just make sure to use small portions if using a higher fat protein like many types of nuts! I wish I could follow my own advice....*sigh* I'm not a nutritionist or anything, just done a lot of research!

Good luck!
    Regina
  • therrin611
    Options
    It really helps to post to Facebook and keep your diary public or friends only...at least it really works for me. That way I know people are watching me and it makes me second guess the food I choose. Chicken and tuna are great protein. Keep up the great work!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    congrats on your early success....

good protein sources include fish, chicken, turkey (white meat), vegetarian fed beef, protein powder, whole eggs
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome! I would say wild salmon, free range chicken, and white turkey meat are good protein. Also any beef that is "loin" such as tenderloin, sirloin, and filet mignon. Basically anything that has little to no fat marble.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    It really helps to post to Facebook and keep your diary public or friends only...at least it really works for me. That way I know people are watching me and it makes me second guess the food I choose. Chicken and tuna are great protein. Keep up the great work!

I agree with all of this. I use FB as part of my accountability circle.
  • biggestdaddy69
    Options
    You could be my accountabilibuddy;)
  • shanilyric
    Options
    Yogurt (especially Greek), kefir, nuts, nut butters, beans, legumes, cottage cheese, and quinoa are a few of my favorites. :)
  • susansmith2011
    Options
    thankyou to all i will defo be changing my diet tomorrow and try and include all the foods yous have suggested :) i do have this on facebook but not many of my friends use this ap sooo less info/advice arghhhh :)
  • SunShineMom2402
    Options
    i just joined to and i agree this site is awesome! i love having my diary open to friends and that way i know people are "watching me" Good luck with your journey :):smile: