Home Exercise Routines

Options
I want to know what some good home exercise routines people are doing that are not the p90X or any other video thing. I currently have a gym membership but its soon to be running out and I don't have the money to renew it at the moment.

Currently I go for nightly walks/jogs around the shore-line in my neighbor hood and its 6 miles round trip but the catch is, I live in Michigan and it's gonna get really cold really fast.

If anyone has some good pointers let me know. Thanks!!

Replies

• MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So you just want exercise ideas? Not suggestions for specific workout dvds?
    Besides workout dvds you could use an elliptical, treadmill or stepper to get a good cardio workout.
    Yoga is also a great workout.
    I guess I am just not sure if you are looking for individual exercises or a program :)
    Sorry to sound clueless :)
  • nwkirk03
    Options
    I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not but I change up from zumba to richard simmons sweatin to the oldies plus i do the wii fit plus anything like that will get you moving is really good. Sorry if this didnt help don't know what you are really looking for.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    do you have cable tv?

we have comcast and in the on demand section there is a thing called exercise tv. it has hundreds of exercise videos of different variety, skill and impact levels and they are all FREE.
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Do you have any stairs in your home? Running up and down these can be an awesome calorie burner as well as cardio exercise. Of course there are squats and other exercises that don't require machines. Lunges, etc. I can't do push-ups from the floor, but a PT once showed me "wall" pushes... best from a corner wall.. standing feet apart, hands about shoulder width apart and basically doing a "push-up" from the wall... this helps strengthen posture muscles (which is great for me with neck issues). Hope any of this helps.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    its just simple stuff I can do without a machine, I don't have a treadmill or stepper and really don't have the money right now to purchase one.
  • lirienleigh
    Options
    any strength training is good.
    ab work like sit up/ crunches and cherry pickers.
    um push ups are always good
    bicycles
    oblique work outs

yoga for your felxibility
    you can try billy blakes (or blanks i cant remember ) boot camp video. its fun and ends with a bit of tai chi.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    jump rope....and i Have Zumba for the wii.
    But i mostly just do my strength training at home.
  • Buddhaboy
    Buddhaboy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Two things that I swear by:
    Skip rope
    Do push ups
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    if you do a search on you tube there are a bunch of workouts on there that are partial but maybe you can link them together to get the kind of workout you want.
  • missjessica83
    Options
    I have a x-trainer at home (that i got free from a recycle website) i have hand weights, sit ups other core stability stuff, i do yoga (either from books for individual postures/dvd's/classes) and when i cant get to a zumba class there's the dvd's or video's on youtube (in fact there's loads of different 'classes'or plans on there if you want to check some out before you buy one)

Walking, jogging, running, skipping (with a rope - not like in primary school haha) anything that gets your heart rate up really

Just keep moving thats the main thing good luck :)
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    We have Dish Network.. There might be something in there I just haven't had the time to take a look into it.
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Do you have an iphone? if you do download the Nike NTC app - it's free and awesome!
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Exercise balls are great, they don't cost much, they usually come with a chart of moves. Prevention.com always has programs you can do at home with little equipment.
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I want to know what some good home exercise routines people are doing that are not the p90X or any other video thing. I currently have a gym membership but its soon to be running out and I don't have the money to renew it at the moment.

Currently I go for nightly walks/jogs around the shore-line in my neighbor hood and its 6 miles round trip but the catch is, I live in Michigan and it's gonna get really cold really fast.

If anyone has some good pointers let me know. Thanks!!

I would highly suggest 30 day shred but i know you don't want an actual dvd program. you could take moves you would learn on p90x or 30 day shred and just do your own thing. kind of combine them together.