Upset

Options
I'm very upset with myself. I don't stay consistent. I might do well for a couple days and then fall off. Part of the reason, is that I am very busy with kids, school, and work. So I end up eating out alot, but counting my calories.

Any advice is appreciated

Replies

• Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Can you pre-plan what fits in your calorie budget, have a list of things that fit before you eat out?
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I do IF and have my eating window in the morning, so I just never have to worry about busy eating out in the evenings.

It's really made life simpler for me.
  • tiffanyvogtsteacher856
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »
    I do IF and have my eating window in the morning, so I just never have to worry about busy eating out in the evenings.

That is interesting.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »

That is interesting.

It's great, I literally never have to worry about eating crap I don't want at restaurants, parties, events, anything.

Sure, I'm the weirdo who doesn't eat, but I am 1000% unbothered by people thinking I'm weird when it comes to my health needs.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    There's sort of a weekly rhythm to my crazy days. I "save" a couple hundred calories on the few easier days and then"spend" them on my more hectic days. The weekly average comes out about right
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I'm very upset with myself. I don't stay consistent. I might do well for a couple days and then fall off. Part of the reason, is that I am very busy with kids, school, and work. So I end up eating out alot, but counting my calories.

Any advice is appreciated

So, I'm not clear what you're saying: Do you go over your calorie goal on those eating out days, or is it just that if you didn't eat out, you'd be eating in some way that seems healthier to you?
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    It is just Hubs & I at home for dinner these days, so I'm picking up dinner most days on my way home from work. I have an 8-5 office job, and though Hubs is home before me: his cooking does not really 'help' on my weight loss efforts. So I don't 'encourage' that more than every now & then.

My daily goal/target is 1400-1600 calories. I have a pretty decent knowledge of the menus for most places, to know what works for me. Jersey Mikes: BLT sub no mayo - I add light mayo at home. McDonalds - 6 piece nuggets & small order of fries. Zaxbys - blackened blue zalad w/ no fried onions & light vinagrette. Just a few examples. :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    igm058eme3y0.jpg

hopefully thats not giant size. i got bigger than that before picture, and am smaller now, than that after picture (that photo is a few years ago). when i was working where that after pic was taken, there was an AWESOME little authentic (which is super rare, here) mexican place next door to where i worked. and CHEAP. and yup- i ate there for lunch ALL THE TIME. not every day but... more days than not LOL. still lost weight. was a single mom. to two. including to a teenager and an elementary aged son. worked full time. was in a relationship (long distance, so had to travel to see him, and he came to see me). worked out. crazy stupid busy life. i still have a crazy stupid busy life.

as i said previously, we all do. we just make time for what is important to us.

im married to that guy now, by the way ;)