Tracking weight over time

Is there a way to see a graph of your weight over time? Also a way to enter weight for a previous day in the past?

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Yes and yes. On the web, look at "reports." On your phone, look at "progress." When entering weight, you can choose any date on the phone.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 510 Member
    Is there a way to see a graph of your weight over time? Also a way to enter weight for a previous day in the past?

If you enter your weight in "Check-In" you can click on "Reports" and it will show your progress for the last 7 days, the last 30, 3 months, etc.
    This is my latest graph:

bcxilvepjkb8.jpg
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes and yes.

On the desktop site, go to Reports and you can see a graph of all the weight data you've reported over the last 7, 30, 60, 90, or 365 days. (There are also graphs for measurements, if you've been reporting those, as well as calories and macros logged.) Do note, the graph only inflects when new data are added - if you reported 150lb on January 1 and then didn't update again until today, the graph will look like you were 150lb exactly every single day from then until now, at which point the line will suddenly spike up or down to the newly-reported weight. It does not extrapolate a trend line. My graph looks like a weird staircase because I weigh in once every 7 days.

To add or change your data, go to My Home > Check-In, there's a link below the table to "Edit Previous Entries" where you can also add entries for any date you choose.

On the Android app, tap the hamburger menu and go to Progress to see your graphs. Tap the + in the upper-right corner to add data for any date you choose. I assume the iOS app is laid out similarly but I don't have an iPhone. (edit to add: it appears the app *does* extrapolate a trend line, or rather connects data points directly with straight lines, rather than iterating the same weight every day until it is updated, at time scales beyond one week.)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,738 Member
    If you like that sort of thing, you might want to consider getting a weight trending app. Libra for Android, Happy Scale for iOS, Trendweight with a free Fitbit account (don't need a device, I believe), Weightgrapher are some common ones.
  • gardenergal24
    gardenergal24 Posts: 622 Member
    Thank you so much, everyone! So much to learn on this new site...