I can't stop rocking

Options
Ok so a week ago I went out on a boat. For maybe 3 hours. And I still haven't stopped that rocking feeling you get when you get back on land. I have always had bad ears (used to get lots of infections/bad motion sickness when I was a kid) but I have been on boats for MUCH longer and never had the rocking last this long!

Has anyone else ever had this? How did you make it stop? I nearly fell of my treadmill on Wednesday I was so unbalanced!

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    This is not what I thought this thread was about. I thought you were being silly. "I rock all the time!"

I would probably call your doc. You might have some fluid in there, or an ear infection.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Haha, I went on a cruse for 7 days and I felt like I was still rocking 3 days after
  • Maylene74
    Options
    My friend has it, it's called Vertigo and does have to do with the imbalance and ears. I'd see a doctor. They can prescribe medicine to help you balance out, but it does tend to make you drowsy when you first start taking it. She used to feel unbalanced alot, so much it'd keep her in bed. Once she got thru the intial doses, she has not been unbalanced/dizzy since! :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yes I get seasick and everyone gets 'sea legs' if you're out there long enough but it shouldn't last a week - unless you're in the Navy and at sea a LONG time, it should go away after a few hours- 24 at the most, I'd think.
    What you're describing could be vertigo - I'd at least call the Dr.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm usually fine on boats, but I took my fiance to Venice for his 50th birthday, and when we came back I was constantly feeling dizzy.

Go see your doc, it's nothing serious and can be managed pretty easily.
  • snkeller24
    Options
    I tried to run on a treadmill on a cruise ship once ... was kind of hard. This was completely unrelated ... but I'd suggest call your doctor or maybe try a motion sickness pill?
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Went to the Dr. - have anti nausea tablets, steroids to settle the liquid in my ears and antibiotics to settle the inner ear infection :( Thanks team! x