Low blood pressure

Options
Question: does anyone else have very low blood pressure? My doctor said it's a good thing, but I still worry about it. My blood pressure range is 80-90/60, but has been as low as 68/50. I guess this means I have Hypotension? Everything I've read about Hypotension talks about it like only elderly people experience it (I'm 26). My blood pressure was higher when I was much heavier, but it's never been more than 100/70. I'm just wondering if anybody else is similar, and if so has your doctor expressed any concern?

Thanks!

Replies

• darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Well, that is pretty darned low, but you should trust your doctor…. unless you have doubts about your doctor, then you should go see another. My blood pressure was low when I was in my twenties and I was very healthy (overall… weight, eating habits, etc.). Typically, it stayed between 100-110/70. But, boy, I sure knew it when it took a dip. I would get dizzy, be fatigued, etc. If you're not feeling any adverse symptoms due to your blood pressure and your doctor says you're fine… you probably are. Since my blood pressure would dip, but never stay that low, the doctors never expressed concern… although they were occasionally surprised when they took it. My doctor's advice - due to my "symptoms" - was to be sure and move my body parts around before standing up from a sitting or laying position, and for the most part, that resolved the dizziness issues.
  • alisonnicole84
    Options
    Well, that is pretty darned low, but you should trust your doctor…. unless you have doubts about your doctor, then you should go see another. My blood pressure was low when I was in my twenties and I was very healthy (overall… weight, eating habits, etc.). Typically, it stayed between 100-110/70. But, boy, I sure knew it when it took a dip. I would get dizzy, be fatigued, etc. If you're not feeling any adverse symptoms due to your blood pressure and your doctor says you're fine… you probably are. Since my blood pressure would dip, but never stay that low, the doctors never expressed concern… although they were occasionally surprised when they took it. My doctor's advice - due to my "symptoms" - was to be sure and move my body parts around before standing up from a sitting or laying position, and for the most part, that resolved the dizziness issues.

I do notice if I sit for long periods of time, I sometimes get dizzy for a second when I stand up. Stupidly enough I never thought to move around a bit before standing up - I will from now on! Thanks!
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The first time I ever had low blood pressure symptoms was when I was about 13, and it was from being in a hot shower (my doctor said that's common).

6 years later, I still get it every now and then, but have had it twice in the last week. It makes me feel nauseaus and dizzy, I hate it. But doctors always just tell me "I'm not concerned, it's better than having high blood pressure". A little annoying, but I suppose true!
  • babersbh
    Options
    I, too have low blood pressure. 90/60 is pretty much the norm for me. When it dips below that I will start seeing stars and feel very dizzy even while sitting. My doctor doesn't seem concerned either and says it is better than high. I was at my heaviest when I was pregnant with my first daughter ...250 lbs and my blood pressure was still 90/60 and all went well.

I guess as long as we don't pass out from it getting too low...all is well? ;)
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I also have very low blood pressure. My numbers are in the same range as yours. According to my doctor it's low but still well within the healthy range. I do get dizzy if I stand up to quickly.