Grieving the loss of my mom and finally hitting rock bottom

Options
Hello,

I'm not new to health and fitness. In the past I lost 85# in 8 month kept it off for year and year but in the last 4 years (2 babies) and the loss of my beautiful mom I have put on so much weight. My youngest is 18months my mom passed in 10/2019 so leading up to the day of her anniversary I was so stressed and out of it I'm at my heaviest put on weight after the baby. I finally hit rock bottom and decided it was time to get healthy ... But I'm just so sad all the time I have no motivation. I'm 225# the biggest I've ever been... Idk where to start. I got some meal replacement slimfast for starters and trying to log everything... It's my 2nd day and I don't want to fail.

Replies

• HawkingRadiation
    HawkingRadiation Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lost both my mom and my brother this past year. I’m not religious but I like to study astronomy and cosmology. (I took the photo in my profile) I do believe that they are around somewhere.

They are rooting for you. Don’t let their passing destroy you. You will meet again. Be the person they want you to be.
  • LisaStapleton83
    LisaStapleton83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lulucita wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm not new to health and fitness. In the past I lost 85# in 8 month kept it off for year and year but in the last 4 years (2 babies) and the loss of my beautiful mom I have put on so much weight. My youngest is 18months my mom passed in 10/2019 so leading up to the day of her anniversary I was so stressed and out of it I'm at my heaviest put on weight after the baby. I finally hit rock bottom and decided it was time to get healthy ... But I'm just so sad all the time I have no motivation. I'm 225# the biggest I've ever been... Idk where to start. I got some meal replacement slimfast for starters and trying to log everything... It's my 2nd day and I don't want to fail.

I’m so sorry. So many huge life changes in such a small amount of time. Don’t think about yourself as passing or ‘failing’ though…. You can’t fail …You can just do your best and your best is more than good enough. Just try and make good choices for yourself every day. Eat good food, drink plenty of water, try and get a good nights sleep. I will say 2 things that really helped me when I was suffering like you…. Getting out and walking. Every day. I don’t mean for 10-15 minutes, I mean like an hour, hour and a half. Put your babies in a pram and walk and keep walking until your head is a little clearer and you can feel all those endorphins doing their thing. The other thing is journaling. Taking some time every day to write ✍️ your feelings down and process them. You might cry a lot at first but that’s ok. Healing takes time, be kind to yourself 😘
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.

…so sad…
    …all the time…
    …no motivation…

I am concerned about your mood and recommend getting in to see your family doctor. Meds and/or therapy could be very helpful, even if they are done on a short term basis. I wish you the best.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    @Lulucita how are you doing?