Stronger, Better, Faster - March 10

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
I'm going to go ahead and start the thread up this morning - I've been told that Big Brother may be watching at work, so I maybe shouldn't log in much there. :grumble:

Well, it's official - I have gained a few pounds (2 since I took a break, 4.5 since my last optimistic weigh-in at the end of January). Not too much in the way of inches (the largest increase was .75 on my hips). I'd like to blame TOM, but since I never really gain then I don't think I can. I did forget my water bottle yesterday, though, so there's always a chance that's it. But I know I've lost some fitness either way, so that's what I'm planning to work on this month.

I went to aerobics yesterday for the first time in forever, and then was so proud of myself that I forgot about doing my pushups! Whoops. I'll do them tonight. I haven't decided if I'm going to the gym or not. Maybe I'll do a DVD at home. This Daylight losing time has taken the starch out of me! :yawn:

Happy workouts!

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and start the thread up this morning - I've been told that Big Brother may be watching at work, so I maybe shouldn't log in much there. :grumble:

Well, it's official - I have gained a few pounds (2 since I took a break, 4.5 since my last optimistic weigh-in at the end of January). Not too much in the way of inches (the largest increase was .75 on my hips). I'd like to blame TOM, but since I never really gain then I don't think I can. I did forget my water bottle yesterday, though, so there's always a chance that's it. But I know I've lost some fitness either way, so that's what I'm planning to work on this month.

I went to aerobics yesterday for the first time in forever, and then was so proud of myself that I forgot about doing my pushups! Whoops. I'll do them tonight. I haven't decided if I'm going to the gym or not. Maybe I'll do a DVD at home. This Daylight losing time has taken the starch out of me! :yawn:

Happy workouts!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    May not have time to post the rest of the day. My family is full of computer geeks so someone is always on my laptop when they are here. :tongue: Everyone is still asleep so I have a moment.
    I am determined to get back on track...I just lack motivation. It's very hard when my family is around. They always eat junk and I easily fall back into my old ways. I have gained weight also CP, so you are not alone. I'm not sure what the damage is but I'm going to try not to check until some time next week I think. It'll give me some time to get it off!
    I don't know how much exercise I will get the next three days, but we are going to do some walking today. I hope it's enough! If not maybe I can walk again this afternoon. 85* today 55* tomorrow! Gotta love it!
    The time change has messed with me too. I'm sleepy this morning. No one should have to get up before the sun does. It's just wrong.
    Today: walking, trying to watch what I eat, drink water, have fun!
    Have a good Tuesday!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Well, dang.

Woke up this a.m. and couldn't open my right eye. So, I'm going to the Dr. today. (I hate the Dr.) I'm concerned it's something other than a simple reaction, or that I need something stronger to fix it.

I'm pouting pretty badly about this one, I have to be honest with you. I was just getting back into my hardcore workout groove, and now this. I'm such a delicate flower. (this is a joke. I am a rock inside a tissue paper outer covering.)

For myself, I'm proposing an additional focus to the challenge for me:

Challenging myself to NOT focus on my weight. . .and every time I think about it, replace it with a positive thought about how far I've come.

Challenging myself to do one thing a week that is entirely selfish/self-indulgent. I'm very good at this. . .but not always. Maybe these two are the "better" part of the challenge.

And. . .to give commitment to both my workout and my work schedule. I'm aiming for seven hours of working out a week, and eight hours of work. If they don't happen exactly as scheduled, that's fine. . .but I will get those hours in from Sunday to Saturday, every week.

(apparently, my matoe face is very inspiring.)

Take care of yourselves, my pebbles.:flowerforyou:
    Love,
    squinty.:wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I like to think of myself as a very strong person lightly coated in a layer of soft fat tissue.

I don't know why other people do not join this challenge. We may have to change the name, or something. We don't have start and end dates anymore, so maybe that's it. WanderingLight should be back soon.

Yesterday - biked to yoga and walked on the treadmill.

Today - trying out a yoga class - very inconvenient (away from my house, during rush hour), but the teacher is doing a workshop in May and I wanted to try her out before I signed up. Luckily, the class is near the other location of my gym, so I can go to the gym to skip part of rush hour. If I have time, I will ride my bike to the library (last day of warm, dry weather for a few days, yeah rain!!!)

hope all goes well, V.

As always, happy workouts y'all!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I agree, we have a lot of "lurkers" reading but not posting. Are we really that entertaining? Or maybe just really that crazy :laugh: !!! I think many people feel like they can't post because we carry on a lot of conversation here. I feel awkward jumping into someone elses post when it's like that...

So, I propose a Tax Refund Challenge (you choose the "refund" reward!). That will be a month from Sunday. Only catch is you have to come up with a reward, not just goals, but what are you going to do for yourself as a result of all the hard work. Maybe if we change the focus, as mentioned, we will all get off the plateaus on which we have been stuck!

I am headed down the mountain for a lacrosse match today, hoping to not get fried. Not sure if I will get in intentional exercise, but will be walking/standing all day, so not sedentary by any means.

Here's to a great week!
    :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Update from the Dr.:

I have "fifths disease" also called "slapped cheek syndrome". I'm highly contagious and can't go anywhere for four days, lest I infect a pregnant woman. (For most people it's not a big deal, just an inconvenience, but is very dangerous for a fetus.) Also, bad news. . .it most likely will spread. Call the wah-mbulance. Now I have a raging case of the unfairs!

I'm told, that if I feel up to it, I can exercise at home. I don't feel up to it. Today I feel actually sick, like a really bad cold. I'm hoping that later I can do some weights at home, and just go easy on the cardio while I heal. Also, now I can't get to the library to do my research, so I have to come up with a plan B.

:sad: :blushing: :sad:

Hope that was entertaining. . .:wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I agree, we have a lot of "lurkers" reading but not posting. Are we really that entertaining? Or maybe just really that crazy :laugh: !!! I think many people feel like they can't post because we carry on a lot of conversation here. I feel awkward jumping into someone elses post when it's like that...

So, I propose a Tax Refund Challenge (you choose the "refund" reward!). That will be a month from Sunday. Only catch is you have to come up with a reward, not just goals, but what are you going to do for yourself as a result of all the hard work. Maybe if we change the focus, as mentioned, we will all get off the plateaus on which we have been stuck!

I am headed down the mountain for a lacrosse match today, hoping to not get fried. Not sure if I will get in intentional exercise, but will be walking/standing all day, so not sedentary by any means.

Here's to a great week!
    :drinker:

Well, great minds think alike, right. . .I was thinking adding a "take care of yourself" portion to the challenge. . .where everyone commits to doing something for themselves after they complete their goals for the week. Also, I think we should keep the focus "non-scale goal" oriented. I bet for a lot of people, doing something nice for themselves is more of a challenge than working out!:tongue:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I must be on drugs.

I could have sworn earlier that Trailrunner joined this challenge - and I welcomed her. Where did she go?

I just got my tax refund - yeah! - went straight to savings.

Sorry to hear your in the red, V.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I understand now - we posted on the wrong day :blushing: