Re-STARTING...and need more FRIENDS to SUPPORT and for SUPPORT

I decided yesterday that I need to start logging my calorie intake. I've been very consistent with strength training 5 days a week and maybe one day of cardio (which I want to change too); however; it seems like I'm maintaining weight and I notice that my body is toning when I look in the mirror or I receive compliments. I'm not satisfied that my current weight is where it is and I have a goal of losing 20 pounds by mid-December. So here we go again!

Replies

• runninghannah
    runninghannah Posts: 10 Member
    I would love to be your friend. I have been struggling with being consistant in my diet and exercise. I had a great start to last week, getting all my workouts in and eating only according to plan and logging everything that I ate...then about Thursday things just seemed to fall apart. I have looked locally for people that would be my friends but many of those people have been dealing with sickness and I feel that asking them to calorie count on top of that is just too much.
  • princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member
    I would love to be your friend. I have been struggling with being consistant in my diet and exercise. I had a great start to last week, getting all my workouts in and eating only according to plan and logging everything that I ate...then about Thursday things just seemed to fall apart. I have looked locally for people that would be my friends but many of those people have been dealing with sickness and I feel that asking them to calorie count on top of that is just too much.

We can help each other out. How did it start falling apart for you? Do you have an idea of what it was?
  • run_sara_run
    run_sara_run Posts: 25 Member
    I similarly would like to lose 20lbs in the next few months. I do a lot of cardio, very little strength (which I would like to change). I have trouble sticking with using MFP so I'm trying to be really dedicated this time around. It works when I use it. I'd like to be your friend and motivate each other!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    With strength training 5 days a week, and seeing results in the mirror, you're no doubt building muscle. If you're maintaining weight while building muscle, then you're obviously burning some fat.
    I am in a similar place, in that I've lost a lot of weight, but seem to have plateaued, even though I think I could stand to lose another 20 pounds. I find that logging my meals is crucial to tracking my progress.

There are plenty of challenges you can join to will give you plenty of support and encouragement. I'd suggest browsing through them to see if there aren't a few that fit your needs.

Feel free to add me if you wish. I don't do much weight training. I mostly swim, walk and do a little light yoga.
  • princessdimplz
    With strength training 5 days a week, and seeing results in the mirror, you're no doubt building muscle. If you're maintaining weight while building muscle, then you're obviously burning some fat.
    I am in a similar place, in that I've lost a lot of weight, but seem to have plateaued, even though I think I could stand to lose another 20 pounds. I find that logging my meals is crucial to tracking my progress.

There are plenty of challenges you can join to will give you plenty of support and encouragement. I'd suggest browsing through them to see if there aren't a few that fit your needs.

Feel free to add me if you wish. I don't do much weight training. I mostly swim, walk and do a little light yoga.

Thanks Frank. I'm always good when I'm being challenged and I'll look into different challenges. We can still be friends.
  • exercisetofitness
    exercisetofitness Posts: 11 Member
    I would love some friends. Just signed up today .have already blown it .but I think I can regroup
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have been making some progress with my exercise goals (more days/week, longer, sweating more) the past few months, but it's been such a fight to just keep from gaining more weight. Last week was my first time to start tracking my food and spending time learning/researching food choices and portions (not just winging it). I've lost 4.4 lbs in one week. I think part of that is because I'd been building muscle without knowing it.

Perhaps your fuel is enough to equal your building muscle. At least you notice that you're toning up so there's progress!

My goal is to lose quite a bit more than you - 110 lbs to get to healthy BMI, but feel free to friend request me. (women only please for those on this thread who are reading along).
    I've never been healthy weight before in my life.
    Small changes matter!
  • tater7815
    tater7815 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey I am just starting this new journey and would love some weight loss buddies. I have a lot of work to do but I know that I can do it. Yall can send me a friend request if you want to support each other.
  • I'm just starting and would love the support
  • HickGurl73
    HickGurl73 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi Ya, I'm Stacy. =o) {Former Sparker from SparkPeople-now closed}

Lookin' for serious friends to give/gain support!

Best Wishes with your Journey!

8rbr0u35kamb.jpg
  • princessdimplz
    MrsHermit wrote: »
    I have been making some progress with my exercise goals (more days/week, longer, sweating more) the past few months, but it's been such a fight to just keep from gaining more weight. Last week was my first time to start tracking my food and spending time learning/researching food choices and portions (not just winging it). I've lost 4.4 lbs in one week. I think part of that is because I'd been building muscle without knowing it.

Perhaps your fuel is enough to equal your building muscle. At least you notice that you're toning up so there's progress!

My goal is to lose quite a bit more than you - 110 lbs to get to healthy BMI, but feel free to friend request me. (women only please for those on this thread who are reading along).
    I've never been healthy weight before in my life.
    Small changes matter!

You got this, it takes time. I need to lose more than 20 lbs altogether; however, that's a small goal I have for myself. Once I get there, I'll set more.