New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi, I'm Autumn. I started using myfitnesspal earlier this week to help maintain my weight through the rest of my pregnancy. And I'll be using it to lose weight once I have my son. 33 weeks pregnant. Currently 162 pounds. I started out at 110 and have shot up to 162. (im 5'6) and I'm rather depressed about my self image now. But trying to keep positive thoughts about being able to get back into shape after pregnancy. Id love to hear some success stories of getting your body back after pregnancy if anyone has any. Thanks. :)

Replies

• scouvson13
    Options
    Hello my name is DeVette and I am a new to MyFitnessPal. I have tried several diets and have been unsuccessful. I am hoping to gain a more balanced diet and lifestyle through MyFitnessPal. I joined a gym today and am ready to start my lifestyle change effective 9.16.11. Best success and wishes to everyone!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • kdmilroy
    Options
    Hi Autumn! I've been on here for 60 days. I am almost 50 and I'm 5"8 -- weighed 189 when I started. I am down to 179 and I'm changing my habits, not just losing weight! My son is 26 and the day he was born, I weighed 200 pounds. I put on 64 pounds during my pregnancy. I've lost weight and gained it over the years and now I've quit smoking and I'm losing weight too. I think you will do fine -- don't be depressed about yourself. Your gonna be a mom and there is nothing that will take the place of that. You can lose the weight after the baby gets here and you will probably lose it just due to more activity! Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself! Good luck with all that you have going on. I promise, after I became aware of everything I was eating and how many calories and sodium it was -- I changed without much thought.
    Take care and good luck!
    Debbie