Salad for supper

Options
I just had a salad for supper tonight. I haven't been counting my calories but I'm back to it. It's hard to stay motivated but the mfp community helps.

Replies

• TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Nice. Build off of that and do maybe just one thing differently than you usually do today. Small steps continuously will move you in the right direction.
  • al0481113
    al0481113 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You go!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Salads are a good way to see that calorie counting does not have to result in crap food.

I saute shrimp in a tiny bit of sesame oil (7g) 10 shrimp, spicy seasoning, cool it down and go with mixed Spring greens.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    We have entrΓ©e-sized salads often during the grilling season. My partner calls them "power salads."

He grills and I do the rest. Sometimes we have different proteins and vegetables, and the only thing we have in common is the lettuce, lol. But it is still a very quick meal and everyone is happy.

I usually have him cook extra chicken so we can have that for another meal. In fact, we did that this week - salads the other night and tonight leftover steak for him and chicken for me with tortellini and spinach and swiss chard.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Almost always have a salad for dinner for about 2.5 years now and our bigger meal is ~1 PM. The salads are low calorie and the combination of veggies/protein changes up daily with what we have on hand. Works well for us. Good luck
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love salad for dinner! Actually, I just love salads in general. I like to add fun toppings to mine to keep it interesting.