New to the site...tap tap can I come in??

Options
Hello everyone,
I just signed up was encouraged by my brother who is also a member. Guess I should give you folks some background back in 2002 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and had to have a steriod treatment I gained 35 lbs in one month it was terrible. I think due to the diagnosis and the medication I became pretty much resigned to accepting being overweight. I am 44 now and weigh 174lbs not my heaviest which was over 190lbs back in 2007 I did manage to lose some. But I need to lose the rest, I am 5' 3" and as you ladies likely know all too well at that height every pound shows..

I had a break thru new procedure for MS this past May which has me feeling so much better but now I need to get this weight off so I can fully appreciate my new restored health.

I have been looking at the posts and before and after pictures very inspirational... you all seem like a great group.. I am glad that I signed up and glad that my little brother got me to do it...

I know I have the determination to make it to my goals but it sure helps to have friends going through the same battles to chat with...and share recipes... :)

Warm regards,
Sherrie aka (EnchantedMuse)

Replies

• cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. Good luck on your journey.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me if you want !!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Dang....I saw tap tap and I thought I was gonna get an invite to a kegger!

Welcome!
  • is4031
    Options
    Welcome to the site, feel free to add me.
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you tap it more than twice you are playing with it! :) You are welcome to add me if you like.
  • enchantedmuse
    enchantedmuse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks cloneme_losehalf I sure will add you... great to have new friends... :smile:
  • enchantedmuse
    Options
    Thanks to you also Valarie! I am going to have to get the swing of this message board.... Thanks to you all for the wonderful welcome..... sorry no kegger invites... :( I will have to be more careful with my subject lines... :wink:
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me...We can encourage each other! :flowerforyou:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. Good luck on your journey.

What she said!! WELCOME! So glad you are feeling better!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!:flowerforyou:
    There is always room for one more. I am 'Vertically Challenged' too so I hear you on that. I think there is a Group or a Team on here somewhere for Ladies 5'3" and under. Not sure about that.
    :laugh: Remember to take time to enjoy the Journey!!
  • Ritamas2
    Options
    Hello and God Bless you! :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to MFP, you will love this site, I sure do.
    The support you will find is amazing, and along
    with the tools it makes for a much easier journey!

You can add me if you'd like, I would be more than
    happy to support and motivate you along!:smile:
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am so happy to hear of a new treatment that is helping with your MS. I have several people who are very close to me that have MS. I know how much of a struggle it can already be to keep at ideal weight, deal with stress, workout, etc. without that being a consideration. You are in a good place --- great tools, and people, awesome support. Best of luck with your journey to good health, I'm glad you're here :)

Lucy
  • enchantedmuse
    Options
    What a wonderful welcome thank you all so much...
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :o) I'm limited with physical activity and like you, I am getting better and taking control of my health. MFP is the best thing I've ever been a part of. I am not dieting, I am living a healthier life.

You'll find amazing support and friendship here.

Sending thoughts of success & strength your way