to all those 6 pack abs holders

Options
I need tips on how to lose belly jig. I do cardio but i want faster results if that is a possible. Just having a rough day and feel like ineed to change up my routine .

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    can't spot reduce, just maintain a caloric deficit and it will go away eventually . Generally speaking the first place you tend to put on fat will be the last place you lose it from
  • Diet, diet, diet. The overwhelming majority of fat is lost through reducing caloric intake - rather than exercising. I'm a big fan of low carb diets, especially when you want to lean out. Low carb and strength / circuit training will lean you out.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Whoa....said by someone who has a 12-pack ;)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    get rid of as much sugar in your diet as possible. Sugar tends to collect in your belly area.
  • rockyvernen
    Options
    I have found doing sit ups and leg lifts have really helped
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! So low sugar and cut carbs =) Carbs might be hard i love me so pasta!!!:love:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! So low sugar and cut carbs =) Carbs might be hard i love me so pasta!!!:love:

eh honestly i haven't found sugar or carbs make a huge difference, but i mostly keep my intake medium to low
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ditto to Acg67
    Im just starting my abs but I havent gone to low carb/low sugar at all and am ovverjoyed with what I am seeing. I agree with caloric deficit and keep working at it.
  • alleyag
    alleyag Posts: 142
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen. Eating smart and overall weight loss will eventually bring you abs. Unfortunately no way to spot reduce. Sorry I can't speed things up. Most people that have abs have put in work. Lots of it. In and outside the gym. Stay motivated keep focused and it will happen. :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit (through diet and exercise) to reduce overall bodyfat.

Core exercises to strengthen (so you don't just end up skinny fat)
    My favs are:
    planks
    t-pushups
    dragon flags
    weighted crunches
    loaded carries
    heavy compound lifts
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about the fat holding my current keg....................