Anyone try NuNaturals NuStevia syrups?

Options
I'm looking to buy some coffee syrups that are sweetened with either stevia or monk fruit, don't contain preservatives (a lot of them give me headaches) or sugar alcohols (which give me stomach problems). I come across these and it sounds like they have positive reviews.

I just don't want to spend my money again on coffee syrup that either tastes like crap or causes me issues. I bought some Torani syrup that was flavored with stevia...but it also had erythritol. That's how I found it hurt my stomach.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,856 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    The Jordan’s Skinny Syrups use sucralose and /or acesulfame, depending on the flavor.

To me they taste way better than Torani, which are bitter and leave a bad aftertaste.

YMMV.

Some of the ingredients are probably preservatives. Not my realm of knowledge. I figure at this age, weighing the sugar savings versus the chemicals, I’m probably better ahead pickling something instead of continuing to sugar coat it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You can find a good assortment at TJ maxx,
    Marshall’s and Ross for $3.99 if you want to sample before ordering specific flavors. Salted caramel appears to be their #1 flavor. It’s great in chai. Surprisingly, the coconut has been particularly good as a sweetener in baked goods : pancakes, scones, cupcakes.

I feel ya. I loved the One bars, but something in them gave me awful stomach aches. I changed over to Nugo, and they are like crack, with no stomach issues.

Life is too short and calories too precious to faff around with foods that create stomach issues.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried the NuNaturals. So difficult to find a sugar free syrup that doesn't contain either maltitol or sucralose!
    I've been known to use a few drops of stevia w/ some almond extract or vanilla extract.

Stevia Select Liquid Drops(Butter Pecan) is offered on Amazon and has some good reviews
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    The Jordan’s Skinny Syrups use sucralose and /or acesulfame, depending on the flavor.

To me they taste way better than Torani, which are bitter and leave a bad aftertaste.

YMMV.

Some of the ingredients are probably preservatives. Not my realm of knowledge. I figure at this age, weighing the sugar savings versus the chemicals, I’m probably better ahead pickling something instead of continuing to sugar coat it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You can find a good assortment at TJ maxx,
    Marshall’s and Ross for $3.99 if you want to sample before ordering specific flavors. Salted caramel appears to be their #1 flavor. It’s great in chai. Surprisingly, the coconut has been particularly good as a sweetener in baked goods : pancakes, scones, cupcakes.

I feel ya. I loved the One bars, but something in them gave me awful stomach aches. I changed over to Nugo, and they are like crack, with no stomach issues.

Life is too short and calories too precious to faff around with foods that create stomach issues.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have seen the Jordan's syrup at TJ Maxx but not sure if I bought any. I may try one. Unfortunately, certain preservatives (especially ones that end in "ite" or "ate") tend to give me headaches, so I try to avoid them.

I bought some of the NuNaturals vanilla and cocoa syrup. They were very pricey--like $16 a piece--BUT, a little goes a very long way. Supposedly 1/4 t is equivalent to 1 t sugar in terms of sweetness. I'm not sure what I think of them yet, though, but I guess they're not terrible.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,856 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I bought a two pack of the Stevia salted toffee drops from Amazon. Maybe it’s just me. I loath the taste of stevia. It’s sour and bitter to me. My husband has been using them up while I switched back to Jordans after the first try, but since there’s a zillion servings per tiny bottle, it takes about eight month to use a tiny bottle.

We’re finally close to using it up and I asked if he wanted me to reorder and he gave me a resounding NO! He wants to go back to the Jordan’s.

Maybe Stevia is like cilantro. Some people can’t abide the taste of cilantro. To me it tastes fresh. Every time I reread Lord of the rings and Aragorn hunts kingsfoil, I mentally substitute cilantro. 😂