Back Again

Options
Hi, I used MFP about 8-9 years ago and lost 70 pounds. I gained some of the weight back and so here I am again, trying to lose weight. I’m looking for new friends to help with encouragement or to exchange recipes.

Replies

• lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi - my story is very similar. I am working to recover my weight loss and more importantly, how I felt when I was average-weighted. I want MFP friends who are accountability buddies and people who want to share the journey back. I never stopped logging my food but I changed my food plan to a plant-based diet 1/2020 and started eating a lot of carbs (rice, bread, etc.). I included desserts or snacks in my diet from time to time and it all added up - imagine that?! In the past month or so, I have really paid attention to my food choices and calorie/protein/carb goals. It's working. I have a journey ahead of me but don't they say that the journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step? Let's step together!
  • azpostal
    azpostal Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hello! 👋🏼 My name is Kris and I am 60 years old. I’ve been using MFP for a long time. At one point I was down 45 pounds. Looking back, that may have even been a bit too thin. And then, over the course of 4 1/2 years, it all crept back on so here I am starting over. I retired from my job at the post office at the end of January and although I am busy all the time, the weight came back. Poor food choices. This past Sunday I’ve re-committed myself to my diet and exercise program. I spend about a half hour to 45 minutes on the elliptical or doing some sort of aerobic activity and then I generally take an afternoon walk for about an hour. My last bloodwork showed that my cholesterol is a little on the high side so my new diet is cutting out dairy, cheese, increase in veggies and fiber, less red meat and more chicken and fish. All healthy eating and seems very doable. Looking to add some new friends that will motivate me and challenge me