Losing the Belly

Options
Ok so besides crunches/situps what works good to work off the belly...

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't get rid of your belly just by doing ab workouts--you need fat loss for that, and your diet will be key.
  • Hbalagh
    Options
    Yea I understand and I have changed my diet, just wanted to know if there was any workouts to help in the belly area more then others
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    cardio. especially cardio that gets your whole body moving and strengthens your core, like walking, running, swimming.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    No magic formula. The body will lose fat where it wants to lose fat, in the order it wants. It's genetic.
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Agreee...my Dr told me: caloric deficit (which obviously you are doing, being on MFP and all :wink: ) and cardio, cardio, cardio! She says everyone has abs, they are just hidden under the belly fat. Yes, workouts designed specifically for abs and core strength will help build thos ab muscles, but without weight loss, youll never see them.

On top of my cardio (Step Aerobics, Spin, Running, etc) I also believe the Zumba and Pilates were helpful in getting my abs to look better....and still working on it!

Good luck!
  • Hbalagh
    Options
    Thanks, at this moment running is out of the question, but i do fast pace walking....so i guess i will stick with that for now
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    that's how you lead into running...walking at a moderate pace, and even uphill will help...before you know it the lbs. will shed and you will be able to do more every day. takes a lot of work but the reward is soo worth it!