Unlurking to Introduce Myself:)

Options
terraskye
terraskye Posts: 370 Member
HI there,

I'm Fiona and I live in Alberta Canada. I joined MFP the latter part of January and I've already lost 19lbs just by tracking my calories and changing the way I rethink portions. My eventual goal is to lose a total of 100lbs and then see I how I look at 177 and either just maintain that weight or lose a bit more.

:)
Fiona

Replies

• terraskye
    Options
    HI there,

I'm Fiona and I live in Alberta Canada. I joined MFP the latter part of January and I've already lost 19lbs just by tracking my calories and changing the way I rethink portions. My eventual goal is to lose a total of 100lbs and then see I how I look at 177 and either just maintain that weight or lose a bit more.

:)
    Fiona
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    wow Fiona that is great, you must have worked very hard to lose that much:flowerforyou:

So glad you came out to say hello:flowerforyou: I joined yesterday myself.:happy:

Stella:glasses:
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    That's great!! Welcome and you're someone to aspire to!! Best to you!!!
  • GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Message Board Community! :flowerforyou:

Way to go! 19 pounds lost since January is an awesome accomplishment!! Keep it up!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    ninja.gif

Nice to meet you :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Welcome! :flowerforyou: And congrats on your success so far! :drinker:
  • terraskye
    Options
    wow Fiona that is great, you must have worked very hard to lose that much:flowerforyou:

So glad you came out to say hello:flowerforyou: I joined yesterday myself.:happy:

Stella:glasses:

Stella,

Thanks for the welcome. i think at this moment the weight loss is mostly excess water or a flush. I'm not really working out because its still too cold up here and I dont belong to a gym...I think the real work will be soon though:)

Fi
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    Options
    Good for you, and well done.... I've only managed 9 lbs since the start of January! ... and 6 of them I lost over the last couple weeks! So go you! Great on keeping up a steady loss.

Good luck on the rest of your 'Journey'... You can do it. :o)
  • terraskye
    Options
    ninja.gif

Nice to meet you :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Welcome! :flowerforyou: And congrats on your success so far! :drinker:

Thank you for the welcome:)

Fi
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I love the name Fiona! So classy and hip. Kudos to your parentals for the name!

Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    :happy: glad you came out to say hi! :laugh: Awesome job so far! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    great job! :flowerforyou:
  • terraskye
    Options
    Good for you, and well done.... I've only managed 9 lbs since the start of January! ... and 6 of them I lost over the last couple weeks! So go you! Great on keeping up a steady loss.

Thank you:)

I think this is mostly a water/fluid flush, I think the real work will begin shortly. I'm still trying to find that perfect meal balance doing on my own (no weight watchers or diet books)

I just cant wait for the weather up here to warm up so I can get outside and start walking. I'm pretty clumsy walking on snow/ice..lol

Fi
  • terraskye
    Options
    :happy: glad you came out to say hi! :laugh: Awesome job so far! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the welcome:)

Fi
  • terraskye
    Options
    I love the name Fiona! So classy and hip. Kudos to your parentals for the name!

Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:

Thanks:) Actually my parentals had given me another name at birth instead of naming me after one of my cool Irish grannie. So back in 96 I changed it to Fiona to honour her memory:)

Fi
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

Thank you:)

I think this is mostly a water/fluid flush, I think the real work will begin shortly. I'm still trying to find that perfect meal balance doing on my own (no weight watchers or diet books)

I just cant wait for the weather up here to warm up so I can get outside and start walking. I'm pretty clumsy walking on snow/ice..lol

Fi

Welcome and congrats on the 19lbs! That is a great accomplishment!

I am totally with you on the clumsy bit. I can't wait for it to warm up and dry up. Knowing me I'll end up falling in a puddle in the spring!
  • vetteldy98
    Options
    Congrats Fiona, that's a great start for you...:flowerforyou: :Keep on keeping on. Lauren
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    hello_waving_smiley_face.gif
    WELCOME
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • terraskye
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the Welcome:) It will be great to have the extra support..Especially since my husband is out of town so much and I pretty much live online ...at least until it clears up here:)

Fiona
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Welcome from another fellow Albertan...!!!!! I just joined a few weeks ago and find it very inspirational and informative...