belly fat cure

Options
2»

Replies

• 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    Fat is lost systemically. You cannot target belly fat specifically.

Fat is usually lost in the reverse order of body parts you gained it on.

Fat is stubborn on bellies for men, but and thighs for lady, in general not as a rule.

Continue to focus on fat loss in general. Outside of surgery there is absolutely no way to "target" belly fat, and that includes belly fat diets or workouts.

The myth of targeted fat loss is purely a marketing invention to sell products, and gym machines.
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    while ab exercises make the muscles stronger in the core and can give more a definative shape to the core they wont reduce belly fat, best way to reduce belly fat it reduce the body fat %

like 8rules said you cant target areas to lose fat without surgery.

a good diet and exercise plan is the only way to decrease body fat.
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    Rats. I was lookin for a magic pill or a combo of magic words... :tongue:

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho?
    Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho?
    Meka Leka Hi Meka Chany Ho?
    Meka Leka Hi Meka Chany Ho?
    Your wish is granted...
    Long live Jambi...
  • shadyrhythm
    Options
    has anyone found the cause of belly fat to be a hormonal imbalance...yes, that terrible thing called menopause. I have gained 13 pounds, it is killing me, today i am going to start some cardio, i am a heart patient so we will see how this goes.
  • EdelweissViola
    Options
    I am basically using the belly fat cure principle right now, but I have taken it one step further and basically do it "paleo." Sure, you lose weight with only calorie restriction but also tracking sugar will make a huge impact. I restrict my sugar to (relatively) 15 a day and only get sugars from fruits and vegetables. I have seen incredible results. I am not perfect, of course, I have "free" meals and July and August were tough due to traveling. I lost a majority of my weight this year in May and June by doing this....25 pounds. I am back on track this September - working out and watching my sugar! Oh, and the nice part is that I eat full fat! Get the fattiest piece of meat, use real butter...all in all, I love it.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You could be losing fat and gaining muscle. I lost only 3.4 pounds but there was 7 pounds of fat lost and muscle GAIN. I was frustrated until I got fat tested again and saw what really happened. I agree to just keep going.
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Rats. I was lookin for a magic pill or a combo of magic words... :tongue:

Me too! lol! But if there was such a thing, Oprah would have bought the company.

My belly fat is due to insulin resistance and too many carbs contributes to that so I'm working on restricting carbs (esp. refined carbs) and getting in more strength training to build muscle and cardio, both of which burns up the extra blood sugar so it doesn't convert to belly fat.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into CLA - it apparently helps to rid belly fat after steady use for a month or so. I don't think it's a maguc cure but it's supposed to help.

Be careful with CLA. CLA supplementation has been linked in some studies to increased insulin resistance and diabetes. Also, it can lead to a decrease in DHA which can hurt brain and cardiovascular function.

As for the OP, anything that calls itself a "cure," is not something I'd take seriously. There is no magic cure, and you can't spot reduce. Where you lose fat, and the order you lose it in, is genetic.
  • katina174
    katina174 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yup!! started belly fat cure fast track and i am loving it!! lost 4 pds in 3 days!! and so did a friend of mine! its awesome!
  • tigersword
    Options
    4 pounds in 3 days? That's just water weight.
  • butterfly0819
    Options
    What exactly is the belly fat cure? my gut is the only place that I'm really not happy with..
  • tigersword
    Options
    It's just a gimmicky low carb diet. No fruit, no to most vegetables, but bacon cheeseburgers are just fine.
  • MJStory
    Options
    I'm sorry that you're having menopause symptoms. Did you know that those symptoms can be kissed (or kicked) good-bye? Please note that there are no words for "hot flashes" in countries where soy is regularly eaten, i.e. Asian countries, such as China & Japan. Soy helps your female hormones to keep normalized enough to avoid those symptoms. All you have to do is eat one serving of soy per day.

My roommate is in her early 50s, & was complaining about ''starting hot flashes''. She looked flushed & was wiping sweat from her brow & neck. I asked her if she ever eats soy foods, and she answered ''yes". Then I asked her how often she would eat soy, & she told me "a couple times a week I eat Bocca Burger, or drink soy milk". I replied that it was good that she enjoyed soy foods. Then I told her that if she increased to eating one serving of soy food per day, her hot flashes would disappear, and she would also delay wrinkles. She looked surprised, in disbelief of such a simple solution, but promised me she would try it.

Five days later, she said all her symptoms had stopped, and that I had won a convert to eating soy regularly. I shared that the best thing that she could do for me in return is to teach her daughters and women she works with the lesson she has learned from me. We all need to get the word out!!
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's just a gimmicky low carb diet. No fruit, no to most vegetables, but bacon cheeseburgers are just fine.

If you look into the science about it and get the facts, I think you will find a low carb diet done right is a lot less gimmicky than people think.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options

If you look into the science about it and get the facts, I think you will find a low carb diet done right is a lot less gimmicky than people think.

Yes but people think that they sound more clever mocking something they know nothing about.

Hubby's stomach shrunk 3 inches our week without wheat/grains, but he's stayed the same weight. (Still 178 pounds at 5'10", so not really too overweight, but his stomach was 38 inches and is now 35 a week later).

No bacon cheeseburgers this week though (boooo) but we did have three different vegetables that neither of us have tried before.