Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich for 100 Calories

Options
cleo618
cleo618 Posts: 3 Member
You get Aunt Millies Bread 35 calories a slice, 30 calories fat-free Kraft Singles & Butter Spray. Butter Spray one side of the bread add the slice of cheese then add the other slice of bread & butter spray that. Cook in the skillet on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes & flip do the other side. I use butter spray a lot of verses using butter even on popcorn. I take 3 tablespoons of corn kernels place in a double-lined brown sandwich bag (2 bags one inside the other) place the kernels in the bag fold down a few times place them in the microwave for 3 minutes. Take out of microwave & place in bowl spray with butter spray & sprinkle with salt &/ garlic powder.

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yaya, Sargento ultra thin cheese is a good alternative. I think you would like it. It is sliced thin, not fat-free, but still low in calories, several flavors, and only about 35 or 40 calories.

Cleo, I will try the butter spray and I like the garlic powder idea, too. I did not think about doing that. Thanks for your idea.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I would not eat this because fat-free cheese makes me sad. If I really wanted a grilled cheese, I would just work the calories into my daily budget. Also, butter spray has calories, so this is technically more than 100 calories. I'm glad that you've found something that you enjoy, though.

Any kind of "cheese-like" product makes me sad.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I would not eat this because fat-free cheese makes me sad. If I really wanted a grilled cheese, I would just work the calories into my daily budget. Also, butter spray has calories, so this is technically more than 100 calories. I'm glad that you've found something that you enjoy, though.

Any kind of "cheese-like" product makes me sad.

I agree for the most part. The exception is beer cheese soup. I experimented with many types of cheese and over time, I found that Velveeta makes the creamiest, best, beer cheese soup. I never order a fast food cheeseburger, because of the cheese they use.

To avoid excessive calories and still have a melted cheese sandwich, I like an artesian, rustic, seeded bread, one slice, open faced, lightly buttered, cheese of choice, baked. Depending on the type of cheese, it’s usually under 200 calories.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the sad "grilled cheese" I used to make when I was 14 years old on a 900-calorie per day diet. Now, I know better. Ho early, I would just use a slice of real cheese for about 35-45 more calories and maybe even a tiny smear of butter in addition to some real olive oil spray. If it works for you, though, go for it.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's an achievement to keep the cals that low!