why havent you lost weight?

Options
That is what one of my friends said to me today on how I must be frustrated that I'm eating well, and exercising 6 times per week for the past couple of months and that it doesnt look like I had lost some weight..... ummmmm excuse me who are YOU to tell me that....so what if I have lost nine pounds in two months but have not lost inches that I know about...and yes I feel it frustrating but Im no quitter

has anyone else had a similar encounter?!?!

Replies

• TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, no friend of mine would ever say that.

But I'll edit to say many years ago I had lost 30lbs on the scale but barely went down one pants size. It happens. I've also stayed the same weight but went down several sizes. Just how it goes sometimes.

Oh and ditch the "friend".
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Smh Rude!
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    somewhat . everyone keep telling me I am getting too small. Huh... I weigh 210 17 percent fat now 210 9 percent fat. Its crazy i am bigger but smaller. I have to almost take my shirt off to say look this is the difference . Stick with it but switch it up if you notice no change.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    That's pretty rude. However, 9 pounds in two months is pretty phenomenal. You're right where you should be. Sometimes, it just takes a while. I had to lose forty pounds before I noticed anything. It's so weird. You work so hard for so long, and you don't give up for that one moment of, "Oh, cool. I need a new bra!" You will definitely get there. It might not show immediately, but it will pay off.
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Friends that don't support you aren't friends.

That's just really a d-bag thing to say, really. Yeah, the pounds aren't melting off like in an infomercial, but you're losing weight and getting healthier. You don't need any more discouragement.

Good luck, you're doing good.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    Sounds like my Dad. Then again he was also the one who called me fat was I was 50 pounds less than I am now (120) so it wouldn't surprise me.

Just forget about it. YOU know what you have accomplished, and if you don't see inches coming off you should at the very least be proud of yourself for the time and dedication you have put into it.
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Those are fighting words lol. I smell some jealousy going on. Honestly, 9lbs in 2 months in amazing, be proud of yourself :-). No room for negativity in life.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    That's rude.

I had no visible changes (even though I lost like 14 inches in my first month) until I'd been at it a while. When people started to finally notice, a LOT of people started to notice. You'll get there.

As for the friend-she's probably just jealous. ;)
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Oh yea I am in the same boat! But at approx. 2 1/2 months into it FINALLY I started losing both weight and inches. I did do some changes.
    FIrst I also work out 6 days a week to Turbo Fire and I do 1 tabata class ( On YouTube) then i do the september challenge on here.
    1 1/2 month ago I started using Shakeology I started out by doing the recommended cleanse 3 shakes a day for 3 days then a healthy salad for dinner. I lost 5lbs during those 3 days and since then I have been losing between 1-2lbs a week. I also wear a pedometer and make sure I take over 12,000 steps a day. I have approx 34 more lbs to lose. Just keep up your hard work and really watch what you are eating.
    I hope I have given you some encouragement.
    Good Luck
  • Doxielu61
    Options
    You have been building muscle, which weighs more that fat. Don't worry about what your incrediably rude friend said. I bet you can tell a difference in your clothes. Use a measuring tape and see if inches are being lost. Good luck!!
  • woody624
    Options
    Keep at it, I've been doing this for 12 years! Just keep dong it, and the scale doesn't always tell the truth. You really need to start to monitor your body fat. Muscle weighs more than fat, if your gaining muscle your weight will not always be a good indication of your true weight. The more muscle you build the heavier you can become, but if your lean and heavy that's a good thing. Don't give up, we all fall and blow the diet! Just as long as you get back up and keep going. Also you will plateau when your body gets used to a certain diet or exercise, that's when you need to change things up, if you hit one change things up and find what works to break it!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    With friends like that, who needs enemies! Tell your friend... :tongue:
  • mailroommary
    Options
    Wow. nice friend. Not. My problem right now is that I'm losing inches but no weight. It's wonderful and frustrating at the same time. Yay for the looser clothes but boohoo with the scale. I exercise 6 days per week and will keep putting one foot in front of the other. Eventually something will shift.
    Keep up the great work... outs! :) And find a new "friend". Yeow.
    :) ~Mary
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Yes mam and it was from someone who is about 300 pounds. They told me they dont know why i am running ever since i started it looks like i have gained. Well i dont care i think my body is like a car, it has alot of stuff to fix before it can work on the fat maybe. lol

I have no clue but i did tell him my blood pressure is 112/62 so what about you? lol I told him that ,is all that matters at the moment and it will come off if i keep at it. He was just rude. I say if they cant tell or you havnt lost, instead of lying or hurting are feelings just shut up already. lol
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    im glad that im not the only one where it took to finally lose the inches after awhile...